Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-08-2014, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm writing some children's books which I hope to have published. I also worked all last winter on wooden planters and window boxes which I plan to work on more next winter and sell them at the farmers market during the warmer months. I also have an idea of making beautiful wooden cremation urns.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-08-2014, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
I'm writing some children's books which I hope to have published. I also worked all last winter on wooden planters and window boxes which I plan to work on more next winter and sell them at the farmers market during the warmer months. I also have an idea of making beautiful wooden cremation urns.
Posted via Mobile Device
You must be pretty creative. I couldn't ever do any of those things. I live in texas and recently heard about wrapping certain plants in those real expensive landscapes for the winter. I don't feel like that's really needed here but if it is then I'll be doing that for sure.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-08-2014, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Member

This winter I am looking around for my first shop (to rent). Hopefully moving in this coming February. Should keep me plenty busy.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Very simple answer to this one my friends, move to California... Biggest droubt in history. Haven't had a drip of rain since early November! Can keep busy all year long!
Old 07-17-2014, 01:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VacaValley Landscaping View Post
Very simple answer to this one my friends, move to California... Biggest droubt in history. Haven't had a drip of rain since early November! Can keep busy all year long!
Guess I'm missing the joke here.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Maybe should have described better, apologies! Lawns may not be growing, but its definetly a time to pick up on new installation work. I've noticed along with the droubt, and now California fining people for using a certain amount of water, alot more people have been asking for changes to the properties. Removing grass, going with waterless landscapes. May not be super consistant but keeps some cash flow coming in.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VacaValley Landscaping View Post
Maybe should have described better, apologies! Lawns may not be growing, but its definetly a time to pick up on new installation work. I've noticed along with the droubt, and now California fining people for using a certain amount of water, alot more people have been asking for changes to the properties. Removing grass, going with waterless landscapes. May not be super consistant but keeps some cash flow coming in.
oh ok! Thanks for explaining
Old 07-17-2014, 02:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Sorry about that jeeperscrow, been a long long day. 96F degrees at 10am is never fun either! Good luck!
Old 07-25-2014, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Member

My boyfriend is also a landscaper...... we watch the forecast and if there is no snow storms coming we head for the mountains and ride our snow mobiles as often as we can!

I still work in the office though part time during the winter months.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Winter used to be worse than summer for me. When I was still in high school id get up at 2AM plow snow, go to school till 11AM (work release), then I had stupid little job at tractor supply for the winter that was 12pm - 9pm five days a week.... Now that I'm not in school and for the first time I financially don't need any little job throughout the winter it should be a lot easier and I'm looking forward to it. I actually really like snow plowing, I think I put more effort into growing it than I do mowing... I've been debating buying another bike and getting back into motocross for the winter by riding indoors.
Posted via Mobile Device