Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-25-2013, 10:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Looking for Best Software that can use IPad app

Made an investment in IPads for myself, the owner, and bookkeeper and operations manager.

Have 2 maintenance crews + 1 part time, as needed, project crew. I presently use Quickbooks. Would like to be able to send and receive work orders to and from the field; manage chemical applications, estimates and landscape design.

What are you using and are you happy? Is there a clear leader/best in class? Have seen everything from relatively cheap software of $200 to $4,000.00

Any real-world experiences would really be appreciated.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would really like to use the iPad in the field as well. Any lawn care apps that work well? I have Invoice2Go for Invoices, but would really like something for Scheduling & Routing.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

This has been a popular topic recently. I myself am looking for something similar, and right now its between Service Auto Pilot and Jobber. Both are web based, work very well from tablets, and both are currently working on apps. Even without the dedicated apps, they apperantly run very well in mobile browsers and sync with quickbooks.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I am a newbie, but in my search for software I have found something that looks pretty good and affordable. Its found found at lawnprosoftware.com and is called lawn pro software 5.0

I would love to hear others opinions on this package as well.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by msurockhound View Post
I am a newbie, but in my search for software I have found something that looks pretty good and affordable. Its found found at lawnprosoftware.com and is called lawn pro software 5.0

I would love to hear others opinions on this package as well.
Stay far far away from that. Google it. He has horrible ratings. Has an f- for BBB. Each update constantly gets worse. Doesn't issue refunds. Etc
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-02-2014, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for that feedback. Has anyone used a subscription based program, rather than one you purchase? I don't want to get hooked into a program by actually purchasing it.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quickbooks works best for me. I use a iPad mini for business.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Do you use QB for billing only, or do you use the pro series that has work order capabilities?
Old 01-21-2014, 02:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry for the late reply I just saw this. I use quickbooks online. I actually just started a free trail of jobber to see how that works for a month. I may switch to that as it is a pretty nice looking software so far. Quickbooks online customer service today actually pissed me off. I had to wait thirty minutes on hold to even talk to someone and then another hour to fix my issue. Basically they told me they are sorry for inconvenience but they are busy due to taxes the guy claimed. Also, I have sent them two emails and have called twice with no help at all with my issues until today because I had to get ugly. They will not call THIER paying customers if you send in a help ticket through email. They seem to only be worried about trying to get more sales is what the online chat lady told. She was chatting with me and would pick the dang phone up and call to resolve my issue. The problem was my on file debt card expired and I could log on to my account to update the info. I'm going to call jobber tomorrow and see how their customer service base is so I know if it's worth my time or if I should stay with quickbooks because I'm set up already. Jobber is more which is fine because the service offered is much nicer so it seems so far.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman2420 View Post
Made an investment in IPads for myself, the owner, and bookkeeper and operations manager.

Have 2 maintenance crews + 1 part time, as needed, project crew. I presently use Quickbooks. Would like to be able to send and receive work orders to and from the field; manage chemical applications, estimates and landscape design.

What are you using and are you happy? Is there a clear leader/best in class? Have seen everything from relatively cheap software of $200 to $4,000.00

Any real-world experiences would really be appreciated.
I helped develop the Locqus system to solve a few of these problems my 3 truck operation was having. Our QB integration is about 3 weeks out but the rest of the system is great. Mobile invoicing/quoting, CC payments on site, digital time clocks. We are constantly in "feature add" mode and would love to know your feedback on what else you would like to see in the system. A young Detroit tech start-up.

Locqus.com, paul@locqus.com for any questions!

Proud owner of Shamrock Landscaping LLC