Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-20-2014, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Review of our site.

First I am not a computer person. We have hired people to build websites and have had bad results. Hired a new person and I don't mind what she came up with. Could you take a look and let me know what you think? What would you add change delete ect.? Thanks for your time.
http://www.cclawnsinc.com/
Old 03-20-2014, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks pretty slick. One issue "and plants look there best. All you need to do is relax and enjoy your " the word they meant is "their". Error is on second page as well.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Photo viewing sucks, I have click back button at every photo to view the next one, why no gallery ?
Old 03-21-2014, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The site looks pretty decent, but is lacking the immediate cues that would let me know it's a landscaper's site. I did a double take, because it just didn't meet my expectations visually- and none of the pictures are large enough to see right away. This matters because you only have a couple of seconds to earn trust and convince someone to stay.

If you are hoping to be found online then you might want to check out the moz and google SEO beginner's guides. Some of the basics are not there for you. Your title tag is too long and targets too many things, you have no H1 tag on home page, etc...

I think your designer has given you a great foundation but, like most of us, you will need to refine it over time to have it really deliver customers for you.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the tips. As for the gallery I am not sure about and will look into it. Again I know about zero when it comes to this.
Headz thanks for the tips I will look into those. I have briefly but again it' like reading Chinese to me.