Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-28-2014, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Shout out to your Shop!!!!!

I just read a cool thread about RetroDog that somebody from Texas started.

It made me remember that I wanted to start a thread for some time now allowing people to give a "shout out" to their shop.

I am currently living in Upstate New York and I purchased my Walker from Small Engine Company in Colchester Vermont. I haven't had to bring it over for anything yet but I was super happy with the service that I received during the purchase and thus far.

I moved to Upstate New York from Boston Ma. and even though I don't live there anymore, I HAVE to let the world know about Pro Equipment in Woburn Ma.

Most of you guys here on L.S would be in absolute awe of how fast, friendly, and F-ING awesome the service at this shop is. We used to bring our Walkers in for stuff in the middle of the day all the time and they would do everything to get us back out.

We blew an engine on a Scag walk behind one morning and they dropped it for us and had us cutting by lunch time!!!!! Absolutely true story.

They carry Walker and Shindaiwa,( my two favorite companies) plus a multitude of other brands and the place really felt like home. If you are ever in the area stop in and ask for Joe, he will literally take care of anything you need.

So, anybody else want to show some love for the folks that keep you in the field slaying the green beast?
Old 07-29-2014, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Walker's in Shillington, Pa. Those guys are great. Went in there yesterday with two jacked up mowers. He knew I was down to nothing but a back up 21" push, had both of them back up and running within 2 hours and I was back in business. I am a single operation and not even completely full time, however they treat everyone as if they were the biggest lawn company in the area.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I will give a shout out to my two main dealers.

First, big shout out to Virginia Outdoor Power Equipment Company, located in Fairfax, VA. I purchase all of my Stihl equipment from them, and they are super helpful, and they don't care that I am only 18. They help me just the same as they would help somebody else. They even let me try out a 48' vride.

Second, to Lawn and Leisure in Sterling, VA. I have never been in the store actually, but my dad bought me a Toro push mower for my birthday from them, and a Stihl Hedge trimmer from them for Christmas. He said to me that they were extremely helpful, and the owner was always visible, even helping out customers himself.

When I can buy a commercial mower, both these dealers would be the only ones I would consider.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-29-2014, 11:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I wish I could give a shout out to mine. Unfortunatly I hate them.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmonkey0311 View Post
I wish I could give a shout out to mine. Unfortunatly I hate them.
Id like to "shout" at most of the ones Ive delt with over the years.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It appears that the dealers mentioned favorably in this thread as well as the one I mentioned in the K&G thread, all have something in common and that is A GREAT ATTITUDE.

I learned a long time ago that as long as the work being done is within the capability of the individual, if they have a great attitude toward their work and toward others, they will be very effective. My dealer, K&G has that attitude, not only from the owner, but everyone that I've seen there. Companies have personalities like people do. With a small company, that personality starts with the owner. If he is hiring people with a good attitude, and gives a good example, a major league organization grows out of it.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
Id like to "shout" at most of the ones Ive delt with over the years.
LOL maybe when we retire we can travel the country together shouting at shops everyone says they don't like.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Hahahaha!!!

That had me DYING laughing Larry!

But seriously though, It seems that a lot of folks either have a shop that they love or one that they hate...

And that's a problem really.

I don't know if any of you guys read Kelly's thread about possibly buying a shop but that is an example of how great a shop could be...

Same as K & G.... Guys that have been in the field and know what it's like to have 12 more clients to do with a busted up machine make great service managers.

I read some of these posts about guys whose shop is 5 hours away and I think "man, have I been lucky."
Old 08-01-2014, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Member

How about a high five to Reynolds in fishers IN. Clinton and Aaron always take care of me. I'm a smaller operation and they know how important it is to keep me up and going with my john deeres.thanks