Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old Yesterday, 08:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Walker H 27 I series

Was wondering if anyone has used one? I was thinking about adding a new mower to the fleet. I love my walker with the ghs was wondering the performance of the side discharge.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old Yesterday, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello there friend!

Fellow Walker fanatic here....

I have been running GHS's since the mid 90's and absolutely love them!

Just started my own company last year and my very first purchase was a MT26....

I too, am super interested in the H series... The B series is very appealing too...

Of course there are applications that you can use the GHS in but would be better suited by a larger deck side discharge unit.... I really love Scag (I run Scag Walk behinds) and think Turf Tigers are amazing, but when it comes time for me to purchase my larger area or acreage mower, I am going to look as hard as I can at the H series. I would love nothing more than to be able to add another Walker to the fleet...

Those that know me here on the site know that I have huge respect for not only the machines but the Walker name, family, and principles in general. The Walker family is truly top notch and they absolutely care about the end user... There are multiple stories here on L.S of folks speaking directly with Bob and Dean Walker....

So no, I haven't used one.... yet. But that is my 2 cents anyway.... There is a user here by the name of joemower who is a wealth of information on the B and H series mowers.

He actually used to bag everything and then he switched over to the B and H series with mulching decks and he absolutely swears by them.... Hopefully he will chime in...

The last thing I will say is that since the Walker website has been re-done to fit the new branding of the name, they have added some videos...

During the new H series video, they show a picture of the Diesel H series unit with the industry only 74 inch deck and it's probably the most beautiful lawn mower that I have ever seen. My goal in life is to have that exact set up. Do you realize the amount of grass that you could tackle with that set up? And how gorgeous it would look?