Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-30-2013, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

T3000 Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlawnpro View Post
Hi, I currently have seen quite a bit of growth in my weed and fert applications. I did do just over 1,000 apps last season spread out over 4 different apps. It did keep me pretty busy. The yards that I cover average 20,000 sq ft. I currently use a push spreader to do most of the fert apps along with a spyker 12v spreader that i have mounted on the rear of a ride on tractor. That system seems to work really well for me. Can cover an acre in less than 15min. The problem that i have been running into is that for the 2 apps a year that i spray. I have a pickup with a 400 gallon skid sprayer and i use the same ride on tractor only with a 25gal sprayer with 12' boom for larger yards.

So my question is.....Do i look into getting a ride on? Do I hire some part time help?
Do not hire extra help.

If you don't want to take chances, better PM me first. Successful LCO's in central & NE Iowa are ditching their Z's and have upgraded to T's. More than 30 T's just in Des Moines now, and we rarely see PG's & Z's anymore.

Before the T3000, I had 9 applicators. Now six and way more productivity/profit.

If you're not sure, demo all. We did. Even drove to LT Rich, PG, and Ground Logic so we could compare all models available.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Member

The low center of gravity looks really nice but that knob on the steering wheel has I am going to hit you in the nads written all over it.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

You'll be having so much fun throwing Frisbees, you won't even notice that the machine slapped you in the nuts...
Old 12-30-2013, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I say you need a ride on I run a T3000 and that knob wont hit you in the nads. hopefully your hand will be on that nob. There a great machine very well on hills and very productive. But I would say that most ride ons are more productive than a push spreader and a skid. there are about 5 or six other ride ons.

Good luck with your Choice

Charles Cue
Old 12-31-2013, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Member

I actually did think about that nob catching the nads. Doesn't sound fun. My thoughts are i like the boom system z spray has over the boomless nozzle on the t. I feel id get better coverage from a boom over a boomless. I know there is an optional boom for the t. Have any of you guys tried it? Is coverage with the boomless really that big of deal? How do you handle getting close enough to flower beds with the boomless? Dont feel like id like to go around everything with a hand nozzle.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I actually did think about that nob catching the nads. Doesn't sound fun. My thoughts are i like the boom system z spray has over the boomless nozzle on the t. I feel id get better coverage from a boom over a boomless. I know there is an optional boom for the t. Have any of you guys tried it? Is coverage with the boomless really that big of deal? How do you handle getting close enough to flower beds with the boomless? Dont feel like id like to go around everything with a hand nozzle.
Well I know what you mean about the knob have you ever operated an old tractor with a steering knod on it threw a plowed field ?

As far as the boomless nozzle that is the only way to go I get great weed kill. There is a trim spray of 4 ft and a narrow spray of 6 ft It is easy to go around stuff you can see the spray pattern.

I have a JD mower that I used before a ride on with a boom and a spreader so I have used a boom
You don't need to cover 100% of a weed to kill it there are adjuvants out there that will help to spread the herbicide over the leaf blade. Even with a boom at low volume at 5mph you wont cover 100% of every thing.

Charles Cue
Old 12-31-2013, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLES CUE View Post
Well I know what you mean about the knob have you ever operated an old tractor with a steering knod on it threw a plowed field ?

As far as the boomless nozzle that is the only way to go I get great weed kill. There is a trim spray of 4 ft and a narrow spray of 6 ft It is easy to go around stuff you can see the spray pattern.

I have a JD mower that I used before a ride on with a boom and a spreader so I have used a boom
You don't need to cover 100% of a weed to kill it there are adjuvants out there that will help to spread the herbicide over the leaf blade. Even with a boom at low volume at 5mph you wont cover 100% of every thing.

Charles Cue
Did you have to up your rate going to a boomless?
Old 12-31-2013, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I run 1.1 oz of 3 way per th or 4.4 oz per gal with a wetting agent and if I have a new yard or some harder to kill weeds I add in quicksilver. I get better weed kill than I did with a skid.

Charles Cue
Old 12-31-2013, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLES CUE View Post
I run 1.1 oz of 3 way per th or 4.4 oz per gal with a wetting agent and if I have a new yard or some harder to kill weeds I add in quicksilver. I get better weed kill than I did with a skid.

Charles Cue
I know i was kinda disappointed with the kill i was getting with my skid in the spring spraying round. Was running 1.1 oz of esclade 2 switched to chaser @ 1.5 oz in the fall and had excellent results. Both of them I added liberate to the mix. How many gallons total are you putting down per 1,000?
Old 12-31-2013, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I know i was kinda disappointed with the kill i was getting with my skid in the spring spraying round. Was running 1.1 oz of esclade 2 switched to chaser @ 1.5 oz in the fall and had excellent results. Both of them I added liberate to the mix. How many gallons total are you putting down per 1,000?
On my skid 1.5 gals and on my T .25 gals

Never used Liberate I use a product called Wex

Charles Cue