Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-26-2014, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerewashed View Post
those look to be 285/75/16 with cranked bars, hard to tell brand.
They are called mud claws. Hey they wet buy 3 get 1 free and free alignment. Front torsion keys are cranked up. Putting a 1" lift block in the back.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-26-2014, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Well it rained a little over the night but its a lot cooler than it has been. Should be able to work after lunch. What about you, Did you get all the rain they were forecasting?
Old 02-27-2014, 09:05 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascio05 View Post
Well it rained a little over the night but its a lot cooler than it has been. Should be able to work after lunch. What about you, Did you get all the rain they were forecasting?
We got all of it and some more. Lol. It finally stopped raining around 2pm yesterday. Since its still way too wet today, gives me some time to work on a few estimates.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2014, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Maybe it will dry up soon, good luck on your bids!
Old 03-01-2014, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well I have to say I have a positive outlook for this season. Next week kicks off my spring advertising push.

I've decided to focus on a cluster of 5 communities that are all on the same main road. We won the contract to
Maintain the common areas for one of these communities already and are bidding on two more this week.

I'm going to do two rounds of postcards spaced three weeks apart and atleast one round of door hangers.

Mardi gras is Tuesday so that is usually our kick off for spring. Also going look at another Isuzu npr w/ box and dovetail. Would like to set that up for mowing and set up my enclosed trailer for landscape/irrigation installs.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-01-2014, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I like your positive outlook Jacob...

Nice job landing that common areas bid...

I used to maintain common areas for a town with a population of about 21,000 when I worked down in Boston. Not sure if you will be doing any roadway medians? My old Boss did something pretty genius... A lot of the little strips in between the two lanes at bigger intersections had enough space to put mulch and some color so we would pop in fresh mulch and eye catching annuals along with one of those yard signs... You wouldn't believe the amount of people that called from sitting in traffic...

Can't wait to see what is in store for you this season!
Old 03-01-2014, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Member

The Dodge looks awesome! Love the rims and the new graphics. I like the look of the Chevy too with the beefier tires. I had a similar truck but sold it because mine was a rust bucket and one thing after another. I'll tell you one thing, you're gonna have an awesome looking fleet once the Chevy's lettered too! Hope you have a great season!
Old 03-06-2014, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Weather is sucking here. It's hovering at 50deg but foggy and drizzling. Everything is soaked.

Just dropped off the first batches of postcards for our new service area. Should be in the hi 60s low 70s this weekend. Weeds are growing in full force. May go put out door hangers 2morrow.

Going look at 2x more HOAs today.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-06-2014, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
Weather is sucking here. It's hovering at 50deg but foggy and drizzling. Everything is soaked.

Just dropped off the first batches of postcards for our new service area. Should be in the hi 60s low 70s this weekend. Weeds are growing in full force. May go put out door hangers 2morrow.

Going look at 2x more HOAs today.
Posted via Mobile Device
Real bad ass dodge. Like your logo.....50 degree weather sounds like summer for me over here in Chicago. Its suppose to be 40 tomorrow and I cant wait honestly.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-07-2014, 07:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
Well I have to say I have a positive outlook for this season. Next week kicks off my spring advertising push.

I've decided to focus on a cluster of 5 communities that are all on the same main road. We won the contract to
Maintain the common areas for one of these communities already and are bidding on two more this week.

I'm going to do two rounds of postcards spaced three weeks apart and atleast one round of door hangers.

Mardi gras is Tuesday so that is usually our kick off for spring. Also going look at another Isuzu npr w/ box and dovetail. Would like to set that up for mowing and set up my enclosed trailer for landscape/irrigation installs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Can't you just use your open trailer hooked to the chevy to pull mowers? Why waste the money on something that big?