Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-01-2014, 08:56 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYScapes View Post
Easylift- I am just looking to add this to my marketing campaign, I am already doing quite a bit of other things.

I had planned on hiring new guys to do this. I have no intention of hiring sales people to do this as I am thinking it would cost quite a bit more money. I was going to just train them what services we offer, no technical training. There only job is to get leads, then I or my assistant will take it from there. I did not invent this, I have seen this done before but I have not tried it yet.

As far as ROI, as long as I can get a new customer for every $75 I spend,I think I'm doing well. At $8/hr that would be 1 sale per day per guy.
Thank you for answering my questions. I believe you should provide at least long sleeved shirts with your company information and proper ID for each of your employees making these sales calls for your company.
easy-lift guy
Old 01-01-2014, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

So who's making the sale? The guys knocking on doors or a salesman? If it's the latter your ROI will be lower, people want instant gratification.

On a side note I would never market door to door
Just because I know how I feel when they come to my house......... they're wasting my time.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-01-2014, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
So who's making the sale? The guys knocking on doors or a salesman? If it's the latter your ROI will be lower, people want instant gratification.

On a side note I would never market door to door
Posted via Mobile Device
Why not?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-01-2014, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
Why not?
Posted via Mobile Device
Hit submit before I was done typing. Read the edited post.........
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-01-2014, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
Hit submit before I was done typing. Read the edited post.........
Posted via Mobile Device
I certainly understand that. But that doesn't mean it doesn't work. I Dont like a type of advertising we do for power washing. But it works
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-01-2014, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'm sure it works in dense areas, we don't have that, the more populated areas are near the ocean and the last thing they want to see at their door is a salesman. To answer the original question I think collared half zip sweatshirts and khakis would present a good image.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Actually this IS the right way. You knock on the door and schedule an appointment to have someone come give you an estimate.

That is also how you can get around the no soliciting sign b/s. Which doesn't stop us anyway. Any business needs to advertise and you're right are protected under free speech for corporations
Posted via Mobile Device
HOA's and Condominium's have Deed restrictions that protect the rights of the members/owners of both entities. Communities that are clearly posted with signage stating No-Soliciting are giving fair warning to any and all contractors. Your quote,"Any business needs to advertise and you're right are protected under free speech for corporations" really makes no sense at all.
I do hope that no member of this web-site would be willing to infringe upon another homeowners rights by ignoring no soliciting or deed restriction signage in order to conduct business. If so the consequences can and will come back to haunt these businesses from a civil and in some cases criminal manor.
easy-lift guy
Old 01-01-2014, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy-lift guy View Post
HOA's and Condominium's have Deed restrictions that protect the rights of the members/owners of both entities. Communities that are clearly posted with signage stating No-Soliciting are giving fair warning to any and all contractors. Your quote,"Any business needs to advertise and you're right are protected under free speech for corporations" really makes no sense at all.
I do hope that no member of this web-site would be willing to infringe upon another homeowners rights by ignoring no soliciting or deed restriction signage in order to conduct business. If so the consequences can and will come back to haunt these businesses from a civil and in some cases criminal manor.
easy-lift guy
I will link you tomorrow. No soliciting signs have no legal meaning. It has been proven in court
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-01-2014, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I will link you tomorrow. No soliciting signs have no legal meaning. It has been proven in court
Posted via Mobile Device
Let me re word this.

If you go to a home and try to sell services directly, that is considered soliciting. If you set up an appointment or estimate from the visit, that is fine.

Door hangers, rock flyers, appointment setters etc that's all legal
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-02-2014, 04:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Most municipalities (maryland anyways) require a solicitors / peddlers license even for the girlscouts. As far as the signage, in Maryland it has to be posted "No trespassing" so yes "no soliciting" signs dont mean squat. With that being said, ive found most homeowners often confuse them to mean the same thing.

As far as their dress.......UNIFORMED and provide them with an identification card. Personally I dont like door to door....but I think if youre going to do it, invest in the effort