Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-11-2003, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The dealer by me AG truck equipment has them all laying flat on the ground waiting to be assembled. The sides drop in. On his you can remove the sides at your convinance. You guy must have welded them on.

My buddy who has one, we had to unbolt the body sections from the bulkhead, that was the only thing holding them on. Otherwise they lifted right off.

Also when making stake sides for them the bulkhead is comes back further on the door side for the lip. Same side the stake pockets weren't all on 24" centers like the brouchure claimed. Tis all made it diffacult to frabricate our own wood sides. Wasn't real hard, just had to be paticular when we built them, due to not everything is centered, just like Richers bodies. Both of us built his wood sides.

Also on his body, there were no stake pockets on the back of the bed so, I welded 4 on there.

I like the body, it just doesn't fit what I need it for. And it only comes in a complete kit form.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Member

I agree a dumping flatbed is the way togo I had a dump box on my truck with semi removable sides it was a PITA to load anything with a forkift. I'am gonna put a dumping flatdeck on the truck I have now I haul lumber to gravel so easy forklift loading is a must.

I personally don't like scissor hoists I'am going with a telescoping post hoist I can live with a doghouse in the headache rack the lifting power is more important. You can go with twin ram underbody that lifts pretty good but you lower the ground clearance with the end of the rams hang low.

If your looking for flatbeds go here www.ringohill.com

I would go with a wood decking steel decking is too slippery if you hauling palletized stuff you really have to have things strapped down or it slides around.

Have you considered having a local welding shop in your area make you a deck to your specs probably the best option.

International lowpros are not a bad truck the 466 is a good engine you should have enough power to haul to its rated gvw.
Old 03-16-2003, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey LGF,
go on the wetern plow site and click on the hopper spreaders from the products page. They show a pcture of a Ford F-either 550 or 650 with a powder V- box and a dump insert with removable sides. the only thing is you have to find out which company it's made by.
Old 03-16-2003, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have Western Ice Breakers v-box spreader, the pic is of a contractors dump with removable side, that also drop down.

Also I want a spreader that has a capacity of more than 4yrds.

I have seen the pic, me thinks it's an F650 or F750.

Did you notice they are spreading a sand/salt mix too?

Gravel Rat; I checked your link out and called them, they have to build me one, and I should expect to pay $1500 to ship it to me.

Looks like a great bed for a smaller truck. I might get one to replace a pickup bed.

I found a bed and hoist in town, thanks guys.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Bed with sides I made for it
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2003, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Otherside
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2003, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Back side. I got all the stake hardware on it now too.
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2003, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Addict

Mike, the pics are too dark, I cant see them. Or is it just my computer?
Old 03-28-2003, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Member

The pictures are pretty dark its too hard to see are you trying to hide crooked carpentry work

Take some pics in the daylight so we can see the truck better and show the deck in its dump position I'am jealous I wouldn't mind having a low pro dump.

Have you put a load on the truck yet and if so how does it handle I would have gone with a lowpro if they work better off road.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

No hoist on "yet"....

However, I have filled it as full as I can get it with mulch many times already.

As soon as the Mrs. lets me play with the camera again, I will get some daylight pics.

It does handel very well with a 13 yard full load of mulch.