Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-02-2014, 10:32 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Estimate Forms

I'm gearing up for spring advertising and I'm trying to re work my estimate forms. I offer a variety of different services and want to generate a clear set of estimate forms. Here's what I have theoretically laid out.

Form 1 - Mowing only form. describes my levels of mowing and other info.
Form 2 - weed control/fertilization, grub, disease, aeration/seeding worked in on the top half. The bottom has my mosquito treatment quote line and box for additional services(pine straw, mulch, pruning, extra stuff.)

I don't want too many separate forms and I hope I can get the wording and let my printer do the layout so everything fits. I don't see myself adding many more services so this could work for years to come.

I'm want a professional look, but worry that form 2 may have too many things or that I can't give adequate info for the services.

Any ideas? Have any samples?
Old 01-02-2014, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i've been working on the same things, wondering if you want to share and compare forms? I'm always looking for new ideas. I swear i've changed mine so many times. I make mine in excel so i can type in one number and it calcuates monthly price, pre-pay price etc.. so i can get a quote together fast for the basic service like mowing, fert and weed control. I have 2 seperate forms i use. PM me and i'll send you some of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmasterswilson View Post
I'm gearing up for spring advertising and I'm trying to re work my estimate forms. I offer a variety of different services and want to generate a clear set of estimate forms. Here's what I have theoretically laid out.

Form 1 - Mowing only form. describes my levels of mowing and other info.
Form 2 - weed control/fertilization, grub, disease, aeration/seeding worked in on the top half. The bottom has my mosquito treatment quote line and box for additional services(pine straw, mulch, pruning, extra stuff.)

I don't want too many separate forms and I hope I can get the wording and let my printer do the layout so everything fits. I don't see myself adding many more services so this could work for years to come.

I'm want a professional look, but worry that form 2 may have too many things or that I can't give adequate info for the services.

Any ideas? Have any samples?

Servicing Dallas, Acworth, Kennesaw, & Woodstock, Ga
Old 01-02-2014, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We have spent the last 5 years developing a simple estimate form. We have a form now that is carbon less so a copy can be given to the customer on the spot. No printing of having to email back and forwards. To me these are forms that are fine tuned for each business. We started off with a 7 page document. This is something that a lot of people hold tight.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:07 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQLL View Post
We have spent the last 5 years developing a simple estimate form. We have a form now that is carbon less so a copy can be given to the customer on the spot. No printing of having to email back and forwards. To me these are forms that are fine tuned for each business. We started off with a 7 page document. This is something that a lot of people hold tight.

I know. I've been working in mine for years making changes and addin services.

I find that I offer a lot of services... Mowing I try to put on one page while weed control/grub/disease/aerate/seed/etc on another page. So I will have 2 forms.

The hardest thing for me is not have a short description with each service. In my area I will pick up more aeration jobs if I put a short "relieves compaction/makes for healthier law " description rather than just aeration and a price line.

Maybe if I can shorten all my descriptions and take it to the printer they can do a setup to make it near and organized.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-03-2014, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

what about a brochure or leaflet that explains the services in detail in a seperate sheet? I know it would seem like a waste of paper though. I have a seperate letter i'm working on to put with my estimate, its just one page. kind of a sales pitch, but explains alot about what i do and how i do it. hoping that might help increase sales next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmasterswilson View Post
I know. I've been working in mine for years making changes and addin services.

I find that I offer a lot of services... Mowing I try to put on one page while weed control/grub/disease/aerate/seed/etc on another page. So I will have 2 forms.

The hardest thing for me is not have a short description with each service. In my area I will pick up more aeration jobs if I put a short "relieves compaction/makes for healthier law " description rather than just aeration and a price line.

Maybe if I can shorten all my descriptions and take it to the printer they can do a setup to make it near and organized.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old 01-03-2014, 03:02 PM
LawnSite Member

How do you guys keep track of your estimates, carbon copy?
Old 01-03-2014, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have always typed them up in my spreadsheet and keep them all in a folder on my computer. easier than trying to keep track of more paper. now my estimate requests submitted from online go into service auto pilot and i can create the lead there and track it.. should be interesting anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke S. View Post
How do you guys keep track of your estimates, carbon copy?

Old 01-03-2014, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Member

If your not writing estimates and leaving in customers door within 24hrs of call your loosing business. Fact first one there usually gets the customer. Hand written eatimates work even on 100k jobs.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-04-2014, 07:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I use quick books just mark them as inactive. there always there you just use the drop down box to change the service

Did you see where I posted about Invices2go I was looking at it to do estimates on my cell phone and print them out. For $9.99 app I would have done it. The down fall for me is it's cloud based so you have to have internet service.

Charles Cue
Old 01-04-2014, 08:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

thats my problem sometimes. however, with lawn application estimates if i can see the property from google earth i can leave a quote within a few hours by e-mail. I've done that alot last year and never screwed myself so far. It works out great, sure some people don't like it.. but i always let them know I can meet them for the first treatment to do an evaluation and walk the lawn with them.