Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-06-2013, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Got the Deal the Century on 3 Ferris mowers!

This past week I demoed a Ferris Evolution 48" / 27hp Kawi. My guys and I love it. I was gonna buy two 52" and two 36". My dealer called yesterday and said that unfortunately Ferris is out of the 36" mowers... But, he did have good news. He said Ferris is trying to get rid of their inventory of 48"/27hp Evolutions because they are revamping the line next year. Long story short he said he could get them for $5000 a pop. Plus Ferris is running a $1250 rebate on those mowers right now. So ended up buying three 48"/27hp Evo's for $3750 a piece!!! I can hardly believe it! I bought two Toro 30" Turfmasters since I couldn't get the 36" mowers. I'm am on cloud nine right now, which coincidentally is what mowing with a Ferris Evolution feels like...
Old 08-06-2013, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonBrosLawnCare View Post
This past week I demoed a Ferris Evolution 48" / 27hp Kawi. My guys and I love it. I was gonna buy two 52" and two 36". My dealer called yesterday and said that unfortunately Ferris is out of the 36" mowers... But, he did have good news. He said Ferris is trying to get rid of their inventory of 48"/27hp Evolutions because they are revamping the line next year. Long story short he said he could get them for $5000 a pop. Plus Ferris is running a $1250 rebate on those mowers right now. So ended up buying three 48"/27hp Evo's for $3750 a piece!!! I can hardly believe it! I bought two Toro 30" Turfmasters since I couldn't get the 36" mowers. I'm am on cloud nine right now, which coincidentally is what mowing with a Ferris Evolution feels like...
I hear that Ferris is having a lot of problems with their 48"/27 hp mowers, and that's why they're trying so hard to get rid of them. There has been all kind of things going wrong with them, and I'm talking serious problems. Now, I'm afraid that since you bought 2 of them, that you're going to be in "double trouble". Man....tough break.

But, me being the type guy I am (always willing to help people out) I wouldn't mind doing you a BIG favor by taking one of them off of your hands (at the full price you paid for it) so you won't have to deal with all of the problems on two mowers....just the one you keep. What a guy I am!!!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Is your heart beat elevated?

All joking aside, man that is a sweet deal! That's the kind of thing that you usually hear about that happened to some other lucky guy!

Congrats....enjoy the new toys!

Stan
Old 08-06-2013, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Makes me want your dealer's number!!
Old 08-06-2013, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate2814 View Post
Makes me want your dealer's number!!
You want it? I can give it to you.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
You want it? I can give it to you.
Sure. I'm looking in that price range for a 48-52 used ztr. But if I could get that new, beats the heck out of used
Old 08-06-2013, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate2814 View Post
Sure. I'm looking in that price range for a 48-52 used ztr. But if I could get that new, beats the heck out of used
http://www.carolinagardenandturf.com/
Old 08-06-2013, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Hell I'm in if you can get me the same deal.

Dave...
Old 08-06-2013, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanWilhite View Post
I hear that Ferris is having a lot of problems with their 48"/27 hp mowers, and that's why they're trying so hard to get rid of them. There has been all kind of things going wrong with them, and I'm talking serious problems. Now, I'm afraid that since you bought 2 of them, that you're going to be in "double trouble". Man....tough break.

But, me being the type guy I am (always willing to help people out) I wouldn't mind doing you a BIG favor by taking one of them off of your hands (at the full price you paid for it) so you won't have to deal with all of the problems on two mowers....just the one you keep. What a guy I am!!!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Is your heart beat elevated?

All joking aside, man that is a sweet deal! That's the kind of thing that you usually hear about that happened to some other lucky guy!

Congrats....enjoy the new toys!

Stan
You had me so scared for a minute! I thought I did a ton of research lol. It was a great deal. I just couldn't pass it up!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
You had me so scared for a minute! I thought I did a ton of research lol. It was a great deal. I just couldn't pass it up!
I couldn't resist messin' with you a little. Looks like several other potential customers are interested. That's a heck of a deal. Keep us updated on how things are goin' with it, and some pics would be great!
Stan
Old 08-06-2013, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks man. Already emailed them. Maybe I get lucky