Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-03-2014, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I find EH much more precise in H than ISO. Splitting the drive seems more precise for me but its all what your used to.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
I find EH much more precise in H than ISO. Splitting the drive seems more precise for me but its all what your used to.
Im used to hand and foot controls, i don't think anything else could be as precise. With hanf and foot the machine is doing exactly what i am and at the exact same time. Im going to try to adapt to pilot because its easier for the employees.

All this EH, H and iso talk has got me lost lol. What type is my Kubota? Is eh electric over hydraulic lije the cat? The cat has the least responsive controls i ever used.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-03-2014, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You should have checked the settings on the controls on the cat. You can go into the settings and change the responsiveness
Old 01-04-2014, 04:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
You should have checked the settings on the controls on the cat. You can go into the settings and change the responsiveness
This is true. The bobcats you can change them too. But I have the sensitivity all the way up and got used to it. Our S770 was adjusted down and I felt like I was waiting for it so I cranked that all the way up too.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I asked the cat dealer about adjusting the sensitivity and they made it seem like they were as good as it would get and it was big deal to adjust them, it sounds like his lack of knowledge lost Ohio Cat a sale...he also acted like i was crazy when i asked about upgrading to triple flange rollers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-04-2014, 06:05 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Congrats on the machine. I demoed a tak with that style door, they all should have it. Conventional swing is a nightmare and i take mine off unless its snowing
Old 01-04-2014, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagrider22 View Post
I asked the cat dealer about adjusting the sensitivity and they made it seem like they were as good as it would get and it was big deal to adjust them, it sounds like his lack of knowledge lost Ohio Cat a sale...he also acted like i was crazy when i asked about upgrading to triple flange rollers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Plus i feel like i shouldnt have to set the machine up to quickly respond to the controls, thats just how they should be from the factory. Ive ran a few B series that were awful and a couple C series that felt the same, the D felt better but still slow. You would think Cat eould address the setting before they get to the dealer because they are for sure losing sales because of it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-04-2014, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If someone else demoed the machine before you they may have changed the settings. When my 299d was delivered today the first thing I did was set up the control responsiveness to where I like it. I think you'll be happy with the kubota, we have owned a lot of their tractors and mowers over the years and only true complaint is their parts are expensive but they always stood behind their products
Old 01-04-2014, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
If someone else demoed the machine before you they may have changed the settings. When my 299d was delivered today the first thing I did was set up the control responsiveness to where I like it. I think you'll be happy with the kubota, we have owned a lot of their tractors and mowers over the years and only true complaint is their parts are expensive but they always stood behind their products
Yeah i think we will like it, ive always had a kubota excavator and had great luck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-04-2014, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagrider22 View Post
Plus i feel like i shouldnt have to set the machine up to quickly respond to the controls, thats just how they should be from the factory. Ive ran a few B series that were awful and a couple C series that felt the same, the D felt better but still slow. You would think Cat eould address the setting before they get to the dealer because they are for sure losing sales because of it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Different strokes for different folks
Posted via Mobile Device