Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-04-2014, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Kubota, TK and Wacker Nueson are hyd. pilot controls. Speaking generally I think Pilots are considered to have the ideal compromise between feel, responsiveness and durability. EH has been a work in progress, but its where everyone will end up eventually. Every OEM that has come with EH has had to fight issues. As a CASE customer, I am happy that the improvements have been free (as they should be) and compatible with existing hardware, and well done. The latest iteration is really good and I think mimics pilots for feel and responsiveness. Overall when properly done EH trumps any other form. It gives you the ability to change patterns at the push of a button, and gives you the ability to tailor the machines response to multiple users. That to me is a huge productivity improvement. Pilots forces you into one pattern and you acclimate to whatever responsiveness the engineers built into the machine. However the area that EH will likely never trump over pilots is durability. Not much to go wrong with pilots and if it does its easy to find. EH not so much.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I finally got to use the new toy today, it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be getting used to the pilot controls. Driving the machine around and loading dump trucks was easier but i still need a lot of practice for fine grading. It was smooth and seemed to have lots of power.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-01-2014, 04:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

How many hours on the new machine now ?

I've been really looking at the Kubotas to run my sandbag attachment. Since the cab door slides up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-01-2014, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

No issues on my friends 75. I love it. I picked pallet of salt up off idle almost lol.

He paid 45 slightly used
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-01-2014, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
No issues on my friends 75. I love it. I picked pallet of salt up off idle almost lol.

He paid 45 slightly used
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm trying to get a demo of SVL90. I may just do a month rental on one to help with a few landscape jobs and then run it through some trials doing sandbag work. Make some YouTube videos etc for promotions.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-01-2014, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Here is my Mustang MTL325 (Tak TL250) compared to a SLV90. The SLV appeared smaller/lighter built, and the bucket appeared smaller by a third or better. It was almost as if the SLV was a size class down than the MTL325.

The SLV's cab felt more refined/modern. It also sits closer to the bucket, which is a typical advantage to the vertical lift path.
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2014, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Lol man the bucket is whatever bucket the owner wants to put on it. The tak lift arms are tiny compared to bota. And I think the attachment plate is built better.

How much horse power does a 240 have?
Old 03-01-2014, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Member

True, but why choose a smaller bucket? The Kubota is an 80" vs mine is an 84", but the length and depth... why go smaller on a general purpose bucket? The MTL325 needs a spill guard as it is, something like fastdirt's.

The arms are built to handle the stress for the given location. Where the Tak's are smaller is because it's a radial machine vs the Kubota being a vertical lift... Notice the size where the boom cylinder mounts on both models. I need to go look at the quick attach plate on the SLV.

The MTL325 is the Tak TL250, which has 98hp gross as compared to the SLV's 94hp, negligible.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Some people like smaller buckets for higher break out force just depends on what you're doing.

I'm so used to vertical lift machines we hardly ever see a radial path. I think a friends 277 is radial. But that's it

I guess it's just personal preference I prefer radial.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-02-2014, 03:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
How many hours on the new machine now ?

I've been really looking at the Kubotas to run my sandbag attachment. Since the cab door slides up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Its been way to cold here to use it much, i probably only have 30 hours on it so i cant really tell you my honest opinion on it other than the cab is great and it will lift 2 pallets of pavers at one time...very strong for lifting! One thing i dont like is its hard to see the coners of my bucket with my seat all the way back and i wish a radio was and option, i will add one later.
Posted via Mobile Device