Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #31  
Old 03-02-2014, 09:35 PM
Digdeep Digdeep is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,787
I have heard from the local Kubota dealer of multiple Kubota machines having engines fail due to the cold weather. The salesman told me that there is a problem with a breather that freezes and blows out a plug in the engine siezing it or the turbo seal.
__________________
Digdeep
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-02-2014, 10:15 PM
scagrider22 scagrider22 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdeep View Post
I have heard from the local Kubota dealer of multiple Kubota machines having engines fail due to the cold weather. The salesman told me that there is a problem with a breather that freezes and blows out a plug in the engine siezing it or the turbo seal.
I guess its a good thing i keep mine in a heated garage then

I have heard of one other instance where that happened on one of the early models, supposedly it is fixed on the 90-2 but who knows.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-02-2014, 10:20 PM
YellowDogSVC's Avatar
YellowDogSVC YellowDogSVC is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 3,556
Aren't those engines the same as the Bobcat V3300 and V3800 that have been in use for years?
__________________

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-02-2014, 10:22 PM
YellowDogSVC's Avatar
YellowDogSVC YellowDogSVC is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 3,556
What type are tracks are on the mustang? Is one better over the other for traction/ride?
__________________

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-02-2014, 10:43 PM
Digdeep Digdeep is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by scagrider22 View Post
I guess its a good thing i keep mine in a heated garage then

I have heard of one other instance where that happened on one of the early models, supposedly it is fixed on the 90-2 but who knows.
Posted via Mobile Device
These failures happened during snow events in the Madison Wisconsin area this winter while the machines were operating. It has been abnormally cold. The salesman has heard that they have experienced some failures in MN and ND too. Like I said, it has been extremely cold this winter. Two of the turbo seal failures completely filled the DPF with oil.
__________________
Digdeep
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Digdeep Digdeep is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDogSVC View Post
Aren't those engines the same as the Bobcat V3300 and V3800 that have been in use for years?
I'm sure they are the same variants, but they may be slightly different since they're in different machines.
__________________
Digdeep
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-02-2014, 10:50 PM
lumberjack1986 lumberjack1986 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 217
The parts manual calls them a "Straight Bar Pattern", and the bars/grousers are 1" tall when new. Alternating half of the width is only about half as tall (guessing) as there is a rubber block that fill part of the void between the grousers.

Ride on hard surfaces isn't great, but then again that's not the point for me. The ASV undercarriage with dual level suspension has the best ride, the Tak/Mustang/Gehl has none. Traction is hard to quantify, but suffice to say I've been happy with its performance in a myriad of conditions (no snow/ice to speak of here). I'm contemplating getting a stump grinder attachment for it, although smoother tracks would be better for regularly going in folks yards (ASV green tracks for example).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TkoPN9uglM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvrbRacTEQw
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-16-2014, 05:11 PM
scagrider22 scagrider22 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,190
OK so after getting the machine out on some actual job sites to see how it performs I am very unhappy, the only thing it does well is lift a pallet at a standstill, every single other aspect the machine is very under powered. I couldn't even scoop up a bucket full of #4 limestone without the machine bogging way down and it was even worse in a dirt pile.

My 2006 Bobcat T-250 had more power in every single aspect and the Bobcat was faster with one speed than the SVL is with 2! I am very disappointed with Kubota considering how great my mini excavator has been. I am taking it back to the dealer in the morning, they think the hydraulic pressure may be to low but I don't think so...

We will see, I will update you guys soon. If their is nothing wrong with the machine I will most likely be selling a brand new machine...NOT HAPPY! I should have bought the Bobcat!!!
__________________
grk82
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-16-2014, 07:20 PM
excav8ter excav8ter is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by scagrider22 View Post
OK so after getting the machine out on some actual job sites to see how it performs I am very unhappy, the only thing it does well is lift a pallet at a standstill, every single other aspect the machine is very under powered. I couldn't even scoop up a bucket full of #4 limestone without the machine bogging way down and it was even worse in a dirt pile.

My 2006 Bobcat T-250 had more power in every single aspect and the Bobcat was faster with one speed than the SVL is with 2! I am very disappointed with Kubota considering how great my mini excavator has been. I am taking it back to the dealer in the morning, they think the hydraulic pressure may be to low but I don't think so...

We will see, I will update you guys soon. If their is nothing wrong with the machine I will most likely be selling a brand new machine...NOT HAPPY! I should have bought the Bobcat!!!
That is unfortunate. Hopefully you get it resolved. Not many Kubota CTL machines in my area. There is a real good Kubota dealer, with tons of mini excavators around. Takeuchi is the brand of CTL most of us use for dirt work. Our dealer is awesome and so is the machine.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-16-2014, 07:21 PM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 5,520
That doesn't sound right at all
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:59 PM.

Page generated in 0.06685 seconds with 8 queries