I gained 857 yards last year!!!!
Apps or mowing? Or just kidding?

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 01-06-2014, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandFakers View Post
Apps or mowing? Or just kidding?
just kidding. I wouldn't believe everything everyone says on LS that's all....
Old 01-06-2014, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgialawn88 View Post
just kidding. I wouldn't believe everything everyone says on LS that's all....
I figured you were kidding... Hahaha

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 01-06-2014, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Member

I honestly plan on heavy marketing this year and my goal is to add 14 new good quality weekly customers. Customers who can afford mulching, fertilizer, shrub trimming, seasonal flowers, leaf cleanup. Those type customers have been really hard to come by since 2008. We mow homes in the 500k-1million dollar value and lots of them have not mulched in 2-3 years. There was definate improvement in 2013 over 2012 and hope no crazy crap happens in market so we all see upsales happen. One other change to note many weeklys have been on 10 day schedule to save money for years now like to see them back on 7 day
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-06-2014, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaroundguys View Post
I have not heard of another in kc. i know there is a handyman somewhere in ks with our name. we came up with it in 2009. We did mowing that season until the end. tried to start a car dealership on 40 hwy and had all our equipment stolen. trailer 48" Encore push mower and handhelds. really sucked but learned about securing our stuff the hard way.
it may or may not happen but we will spend 2-3 months doing heavy advertising. everyone wants our service we just have to give them our number. (My theory) we won't kill ourselves if we don't hit 250 but it's our goal. We went from nothing to almost 50 in a few short weeks. there's 2 million people in my metro area. 250 isn't even 1%. I feel it's extremely possible. i have business ocd and focus most my day every day working on my business.
we definitely Dont do $20 yards. we are on average for our area. I've never attempted to be the cheapest. can't make real money that way.
i think getting to 250 in our area is easy. taking that 250 and trying to get 1000 would be much harder then 50 to 250.
Also again i also know 1 crew cannot do 250 in one week. 180-190 would be tops for our mowing style.
many ways to skin a cat. i plan on keeping everyone updated once a week during season that way i have something to look back and reflect on my past season. i like to do this so i can analyze my performance and look how i can approve. My passion is my business. my hobbies are my business. reinvesting in my business is key as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle Tennessee Lawn View Post
Customers who can afford mulching, fertilizer, shrub trimming, seasonal flowers, leaf cleanup. Those type customers have been really hard to come by since 2008.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah it's easy to find people who want mow-and-go. I suppose adding 200 over a 30 mile radius may be possible in one year however I think you'll need more that 25k flyers. I guess that's just not my style. I've decided for my company it's only in my best interest to accept full service clients. If they don't want to feed or water their lawn, have their leaves picked up or do anything other than have their grass cut very 10 days they're not for me. There are a lot of cultural practices that take place to having a great landscape. And they are huge up sellers. I haven't went to school, learned the trade and became passionate about this business just to cut grass. It's about more than that. I like to think Ill be known for more of a Grounds Maintenance company than just the guy who cuts their grass.

All around guys I will gladly give you some leads when they approach me if that's all they're interested in.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Par Lawns View Post
Yeah it's easy to find people who want mow-and-go. I suppose adding 200 over a 30 mile radius may be possible in one year however I think you'll need more that 25k flyers. I guess that's just not my style. I've decided for my company it's only in my best interest to accept full service clients. If they don't want to feed or water their lawn, have their leaves picked up or do anything other than have their grass cut very 10 days they're not for me. There are a lot of cultural practices that take place to having a great landscape. And they are huge up sellers. I haven't went to school, learned the trade and became passionate about this business just to cut grass. It's about more than that. I like to think Ill be known for more of a Grounds Maintenance company than just the guy who cuts their grass.

All around guys I will gladly give you some leads when they approach me if that's all they're interested in.
i understand what your saying. Maybe 25k won't be enough but I'm gonna try. id gladly take any leads we could get. id also be willing to send any blue springs/ parts of independence your way. we are not covering those areas yet and no plans to this upcoming season.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-07-2014, 02:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy123 View Post
I'm on board as well.
I'm in too. Just gonna watch the action
Old 01-07-2014, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turf Guys View Post
I'm in too. Just gonna watch the action
I hope the guy can pull it off.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:36 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I hate to be the party pooper here, but if your going after full service accounts, and are bidding properly, your most likely not going to gain that many accounts, nothing wrong with setting high goals, but try to be realistic, if you gained 50 your first season go for 50-75 your second, that would be a very successful season. with the growth your talking about your going to come across ALL KINDS of problems. I would want to see some sort of success with reasonable goals rather than total failure with outlandish goals. this will kill your motivation and sense of success.