Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-08-2014, 06:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My 2 cents, put some profitability/net income goals in place and forget about the BIG CLIENT NUMBER dog and pony show.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:24 AM
LawnSite Member

We work metro ATL and wont even quote 200 yards this yr. good luck. Im tickled pink if we pick up 25-30 spray accts. Thats doing 1k flyers a week. Maybe we are doing something wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-08-2014, 08:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zturncutter View Post
My 2 cents, put some profitability/net income goals in place and forget about the BIG CLIENT NUMBER dog and pony show.
Exactly! cause that's all that matters really anyway!
Old 01-08-2014, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
We work metro ATL and wont even quote 200 yards this yr. good luck. Im tickled pink if we pick up 25-30 spray accts. Thats doing 1k flyers a week. Maybe we are doing something wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device

im curious. you put out 1000 flyers a week and only get 25-30 spray accounts? how long and what time of the year do you do this in? how many total flyers? im just wondering, if you put that many out for several months that seems real low return.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgialawn88 View Post
im curious. you put out 1000 flyers a week and only get 25-30 spray accounts? how long and what time of the year do you do this in? how many total flyers? im just wondering, if you put that many out for several months that seems real low return.
We put out about 10000 10 weeks we would do tons of quotes. Maybe 150 quotes only landed 30. This was the spring of 07. We always start feb 1. Ive tried post cards,flyers, and mailers. We have never had much of any responce. I try and get as close as possible to true browns marketing material. Ive even got close on some real green mrk material. We do good work as most all our accts have been with us since 08. But never a rush in calls or accts. 30 has been our best spring. So I dont have much faith in advertising either. We have 30 residential mowing accts and 90 fert. accts but alway seems like when I pick up 2 I lose 1 everytime due to death or most the last number of yrs has been homeowner losing job. And I know they dont just switch because I see almost all yards we lose and they go down hill because no one is servicing them. I know serveral guys that started after us that are at 3/400 spray accts and we all charge in the same ballpark. Most times we are within a dollar or two in price. Help me get it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-08-2014, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
We put out about 10000 10 weeks we would do tons of quotes. Maybe 150 quotes only landed 30. This was the spring of 07. We always start feb 1. Ive tried post cards,flyers, and mailers. We have never had much of any responce. I try and get as close as possible to true browns marketing material. Ive even got close on some real green mrk material. We do good work as most all our accts have been with us since 08. But never a rush in calls or accts. 30 has been our best spring. So I dont have much faith in advertising either. We have 30 residential mowing accts and 90 fert. accts but alway seems like when I pick up 2 I lose 1 everytime due to death or most the last number of yrs has been homeowner losing job. And I know they dont just switch because I see almost all yards we lose and they go down hill because no one is servicing them. I know serveral guys that started after us that are at 3/400 spray accts and we all charge in the same ballpark. Most times we are within a dollar or two in price. Help me get it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-08-2014, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfjoe View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Where are you servicing in Atlanta. I'm from there and Atlanta is a broad term Ptree city to Cumming is how some folk describe it
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-08-2014, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfjoe View Post
Where are you servicing in Atlanta. I'm from there and Atlanta is a broad term Ptree city to Cumming is how some folk describe it
Posted via Mobile Device
Over near Monroe. We service from monroe to snellville and up to braselton. So a large target area.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-08-2014, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zturncutter View Post
thank you. at the end of the day that is all we care about.
i am well aware it could not happen or it could. at the end all i can do is try. some people only see the number and dismiss my concepts of business growth.
For my company all we really worry about is if we do a quality job. i don't want to go back to a house for any reason.
second is reinvesting into our company. it takes money to grow.
third is advertising. everyone wants our service they just need to know who to call.

Most customers are good people. I'm quick to dump the dead beats. also i don't force sells. ill recommend other services but if all they want is mow and go then we are fine with that.
just try to treat people how you would want to be treated.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-08-2014, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Over near Monroe. We service from monroe to snellville and up to braselton. So a large target area.
Posted via Mobile Device
I've been to atl pretty good size. 1k flyers is pretty light. how many are in your metro area? What are the value of homes you target? I generally get at least a 1% return on my flyers. although some neighborhoods do nothing. did 500 in one and only got one call. it was 3 months later. Others are great. my best street i landed 7 customers. its all a crap shoot. just find a system to track where you have gone and the results. don't want to waste precious advertising $$
Posted via Mobile Device