Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-01-2014, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Need Second Opinion on Dealer Service

So at the end of october I dropped my turf tiger off to get it looked at for a lean condition. They said at first give us till Christmas. I did and they told me a few more weeks. On top of all this the machine has been left outside in their lot uncovered in sub zero temps and snow. Are they responsible for any damage that occurs when its in their possession say a frozen battery, rust, electrical issues or cracked block. I hope I didn't just loose to this dealer and might cost me. Any help/input would be greatly appreciated. thanks
5x8 open trailer
61" Turf Tiger
52" Gravely ZT HD
36" Gravely WB
22" TORO Recycler
ECHO Hand held's
ECHO Saws
McLane Edger
ECHO PB 770
Red Max blower
Misc other stuff
Old 02-01-2014, 04:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You bet your tail you just FIRED a dealer. Cut your losses and get it back out of there. Just the threat of a pickup without pay should get some attention. Might get it into the shop to be fixed. Do you want these people cannibalizing your money maker any longer? Get it the heck out of there and don't go back. Tell your friends as well. Heck I'd name the dealer on LS for everyone's benefit.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Member

So Im RESPONSIBLE?
5x8 open trailer
61" Turf Tiger
52" Gravely ZT HD
36" Gravely WB
22" TORO Recycler
ECHO Hand held's
ECHO Saws
McLane Edger
ECHO PB 770
Red Max blower
Misc other stuff
Old 02-01-2014, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Would you normally be using the mower during these months? If yes....I'd be pissed, if no.....I'd be happy to have it stored at the dealer not taking up my space.

As far as being stored outside......I would never do it with one of my machines BUT....drive past any equipment dealer Any time of the year, regardless of weather and everything is on display and stored outside.

And still not rich

Old 02-01-2014, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox4Life View Post
Would you normally be using the mower during these months? If yes....I'd be pissed, if no.....I'd be happy to have it stored at the dealer not taking up my space.

As far as being stored outside......I would never do it with one of my machines BUT....drive past any equipment dealer Any time of the year, regardless of weather and everything is on display and stored outside.
Not here, not mowers anyway. Might see heavy equipment for sale sitting out.

You will not get anything out of them because the mower sat outside. It was your choice to take it there. Now I'm offering the advice of get it out of there and choose another dealer. If the battery is dead they will charge it. If it won't charge it needs a new battery, end of story. You will pay for that. Let's hope its not sitting there in pieces or that you get all the pieces back. If you leave part of it there it's your loss as well.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Dude I used to leave my dixie choppers outside 24/7 365..no issues… of course they are all stainless steel!

look man, they are called OUTDOOR power equipment for a REASON.

Do you leave your TRUCK outside?

Oh no your truck is outside in the parking lot getting rained on! snow is in the forecast!
Better run home and park it in the garage.

I think you're being a baby.

Ive run a fleet of walkers in the snow for years, blades, brooms, blowers.

What you do to it mowing grass all summer is worse that whats happening to it right now.

I used to leave my 36 SWZ outside all year too, I used to think every year it was going to be a bear to get it started…. nope first pull every time.

These things are made for this…OUTDOOR power equipment, professional grade… it's a scag it's fine.

Do you NEED the mower, no.

So stop loosing your cool.

If you want it stored inside, indoor heated storage comes at a premium, price it at a storage facility…how much are you willing to pay extra for indoor heated storage??

seriously, you need to get a clue.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Member

All of that makes sense but as a 18 year old with his own investment sitting outside I should be care because that not usually how i treat my stuff. Thanks for the input its helped me calm down a bit.
5x8 open trailer
61" Turf Tiger
52" Gravely ZT HD
36" Gravely WB
22" TORO Recycler
ECHO Hand held's
ECHO Saws
McLane Edger
ECHO PB 770
Red Max blower
Misc other stuff
Old 02-01-2014, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

The end of October and still not looked at.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnkid14 View Post
So at the end of october I dropped my turf tiger off to get it looked at for a lean condition. They said at first give us till Christmas. I did and they told me a few more weeks. On top of all this the machine has been left outside in their lot uncovered in sub zero temps and snow. Are they responsible for any damage that occurs when its in their possession say a frozen battery, rust, electrical issues or cracked block. I hope I didn't just loose to this dealer and might cost me. Any help/input would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Not sure about them being responsible to where they'd ever cover it.

No way would I have left it that long nor should it be left outside that long without at least being covered. Only time my equipment is outside is when its on the trailer or being used.

Good luck with it. Hope it works out.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-01-2014, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

What exactly do you mean by a lean condition?

Does it run?

I don't know what to tell you because it's not my business but I usually don't drop mine off unless it is my absolute last resort, by then I usually need help getting it off the trailer, funny thing is... They don't seem to want to work on mine, either... But dang thing you say, it won't even run, of course they don't want to work on it, yeah... But they don't seem to want to work on yours either?

Man, I done been through it with some of these shops, certainly I have heard about some dealers who are better than others.

Nowadays I fix pretty much everything at home, as you can see, and again I can't tell you what to do... But when I think of a piece of equipment just sitting at a dealership when I got nothing better to do, hell in the time it's been sitting there I probably could have fixed it myself, now that's just the way I've gotten to look at things over the years, whether that's the right way of doing things, that I could not say.

Peace out, and good luck with your machine.

Last edited by herler; 02-01-2014 at 06:03 PM.