Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-07-2014, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Buying a new truck, thoughts?

Looking to upgrade from my 2000 F 150 extended cab xlt standard bed into a chevy 2500 or a ford F 250. In order for me to get a decently priced used truck I would have to drive around 3 hours away from my location to even look at one. Also i am one of those people who doesnt trust used equipment for my business so im pretty much leaning toward brand new. I pull a 16' tandem axle trailer daily. Do any of you guys run any of the 2013 or 2014 model 250s or 2500s?

Also is the upgrade to diesel worth it? Keep in mind I operate and live in a area that is basically urban and many suburbs. Many stop lights and alot of traffic. I am leaning towards a gasser but its an option ive thought about and have absolutely no idea about it. Ive never owned a diesel. Any thoughts/comments are much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2014, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to the site. We're across the water from you. The f250 with a 6.2 is a good truck and has the grunt to pull a lawn trailer. We're looking at adding one this season. We have the diesels but For a mowing rig gas is fine. Best of luck to you in 2014.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Gas job for mowing imo. Too much stopping and starting a day in my mind for a diesel. Both brands will serve you well. Good reviews on ford 6.2 in the lawn and snow fields thus far.

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 01-08-2014, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The GM with the 6.0L gas or the Ford 6.2L will do just fine for your uses. Both are good trucks, I'd shop around buy the one I could get the best deal on.

“I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.” – Ronald Reagan