Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-10-2014, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Updated website

I changed some things around on my website. Let me know what you think.
Somethings that I'm aware of: On some of the pages my heading is not aligned correct. On the snow removal page and the plant selection page, those are not my pics. Thanks

www.greenacrelandscape.com
Old 01-11-2014, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

59 views and not one suggestion?
Old 01-11-2014, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightshutter View Post
59 views and not one suggestion?
Posted via Mobile Device
On a long-weekend trip in surprisingly sunny and warm'ish Minneapolis and without my laptop, which makes feedback much easier. I'll post my 2 cents Monday night.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Member

My first impression upon landing on the homepage is that it is too busy and my eyes do not rest on any one thing. People read from top to bottom/ left to right and this is why you'll notice that most pages put their logo on the top left of the page.

After people notice the logo in the top-left part of the page their eyes naturally drop travel down to where your logo is right now. This would be a great spot to announce exactly what you do. "A Professional Lawn Care Service Company Serving the Provo and Salt Lake City" would go nicely around this area.

The paragraphs explaining what you do are nice but they should have headings. Headings help search engines cypher your content and they help people decide if they want to invest time in reading the paragraphs.

Also, the content on the front page goes into too much 'about us' stuff. I'd cut this down to maybe 1 paragraph and link to more if the reader is interested. I would also do the same thing for your services -mention a few things in paragraphs about the services you provide then link to more information on their own pages.

Same thing with testimonials. Maybe provide one testimonial and link to a testimonials page.

You need to optimize your title and description tags. These tags should reflect exactly what the page is about and each page needs to be unique. Think in terms of keywords for each page. The keyword needs to be in the title and description tags. They need to be in the headline/s of the paragraphs on the page and they need to be mentioned in the content. Again, these keywords and their placements are for search engines and users to decide what the content is about.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not set on the green font. Just wanted to change things a bit. Thanks for the feedback. The services page does link to other pages with more into.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

- i don't see google analytics on your site. if you don't use something to monitor traffic, i'd highly recommend it. same goes for setting up a google webmasters account.

- do the usual of downloading and reading the beginners SEO guides.

- Color-wise, I find the scheme to dark to be inviting, which also doesn't work well with the green font.

- the logo and tagline is too wispy to have that kind of offset/drop shadow. the thinness of the logo get's lost in the dark background and texture.

- the menu is scaled way too small, giving it an awkward look. your older visitors, as well as mobile users, will appreciate something larger.

- centered text content doesn't work for paragraphs. if you look at any print medium...magazines, newspapers, books, high-budget web sites...how many have center aligned text?

- no need for the meta keywords tag. i stopped counting after it's uselessness hit a decade. the ironic thing with the tag is that it can be used to identify spam sites, so it serves no purpose, other than for something bad. yours is a marker for a spam site. luckily, your content reinforces that your site is honest enough, but that keyword tag is reeeeally bad. i see this kind of thing elsewhere on the site.
Salt Lake Lawn Care Lawn Care Salt Lake Salt Lake City Lawn Care Lawn Care Salt Lake City Salt Lake City Lawn Care Company Lawn Care Company Salt Lake City Salt Lake Lawn Service Lawn Service Salt Lake Salt Lake City Lawn Service Lawn Service Salt Lake City Provo Lawn Care Lawn Care Provo Provo Lawn Care Lawn Care Provo Provo Lawn Care Company Lawn Care Company Provo Provo Lawn Service Lawn Service Provo Provo Lawn Service Lawn Service Provo Lawn Service Draper Draper Lawn Service Sandy Lawn Service Lawn Service Sandy Lawn Service Herriman Herriman Lawn Service Lawn Service Lehi Lehi Lawn Service Alpine Lawn Service Lawn Service Alpine Highland Lawn Service Lawn Service Highland
- On a related note, you don't have to go too crazy with content keywords. This sentence can be made much more readable, and less obvious, by paring it down. Writing for Google is one thing, but you have to remember that humans have to read it, as well.
With over 15 years of landscaping experience as a landscape service provider and lawn care company in the Salt Lake and Provo area, you can be sure that your landscape care will be done in a professional manner.
- Landscape Maintenance page has some spacing issues. The Special Offer is overlapping the footer (I only checked via Chrome).

- Your Plant Selector page is ripe for additional content. Think in terms of what a homeowner might search on Google. For exampke, "What kind of tree can I safely plant next to my paver patio?". You've got a Weeping Cherry, tell me about it and where I can plant it.

- Photo Gallery... write content to the photos. As Joe Homeowner, I have no idea what the simple text of "new soil" has to do with a picture of two shrubs, surrounded by grass. Speak to your visitor, aka your potential customer.

- Your Dethatching/Aerating page... I'm concerned by something, which I hope doesn't carry over to the rest of your content. Your aerating info is found on marionlandscape.com and your dethatching info is found on another company's Thumbtack page. Someone has taken another company's content and used it for themselves. I'd figure out who the guilty party is and handle the issue.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the input I appreciate it. I do have analytics and webmasters.