Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #41  
Old 01-15-2014, 04:37 PM
lawnsaspire lawnsaspire is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Quincy, IL
Posts: 1,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35DollarLawns View Post
Lawnaspire- I seen you make mention of ranger beds not being made like a trailer but more like lawnjocky, what's the difference or issues with the two?
Posted via Mobile Device
What I meant was id like to make ranger or my f150 into a trailer bed like lawn jockey or justmowit company has. I was under the impression that they took something off a regular trailer and altered it to fit on the bed etc. but according to lawn jockey himself they just told a welder what they wanted and he welded it out of raw material. Not sure if I want to do this as its 2 grand just for a truck bed. But the idea of using that setup for smaller lawns is very appealing and the trunks look really nice. This would b a good setup for those using 30s only.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by lawnsaspire; 01-15-2014 at 04:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-16-2014, 07:42 AM
SSantor SSantor is online now
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania
Posts: 171
Before we bought the three exmark 30's we demo. the turfmaster, exmark, and timemaster 30's. There was differences in each mower. The timemaster did not have as much power as the other two commerical mowers. I like the Kawaski engine on the commercial mowers. I liked the mower controls on the exmark a lot better then the toro. I also liked the ht. changing on the exmark. I felt the exmark was build better and cut a little better. The wheels on the exmark I felt were better and would hold up longer. If you treat the exmark 30 right with proper maintenance it should last a long time. They are build well. All three had problems with pulling up hills. I went with the exmarks just personally felt they were a better mower. I would demo all three and see what you think.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-18-2014, 04:59 AM
Exact Rototilling's Avatar
Exact Rototilling Exact Rototilling is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Zone: 5B
Posts: 4,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSantor View Post
Before we bought the three exmark 30's we demo. the turfmaster, exmark, and timemaster 30's. There was differences in each mower. The timemaster did not have as much power as the other two commerical mowers. I like the Kawaski engine on the commercial mowers. I liked the mower controls on the exmark a lot better then the toro. I also liked the ht. changing on the exmark. I felt the exmark was build better and cut a little better. The wheels on the exmark I felt were better and would hold up longer. If you treat the exmark 30 right with proper maintenance it should last a long time. They are build well. All three had problems with pulling up hills. I went with the exmarks just personally felt they were a better mower. I would demo all three and see what you think.
Trying to figure out why the Exmark would cut better...? Are not the decks essentially the same?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-18-2014, 11:57 AM
ducnut ducnut is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: central IL
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
Trying to figure out why the Exmark would cut better...? Are not the decks essentially the same?
eXmark has a baffle on the front wall of the deck that my Timemaster doesn't.

I only ordered the mulch kit. If that doesn't work out, I'll be trying that baffle, next.
__________________
1st Class Lawn Service

'13 Hustler X-ONE, 60", Kohler ECV749 EFI
'05 Hustler FasTrak, 42", Honda GXV530
'13 Toro Timemaster 30"
'02 Lawn Boy SilverPro 21"
Stihl BR600 blower
Stihl BG55 blower
Stihl FS55R trimmer
Stihl KM55R Kombi system
Stihl MS180C chain saw
Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer
RedMax Reciprocator
Echo SRM225 trimmer
Echo GT-2000 trimmer
Gravely WB edger
Husqvarna 580BTS blower
Dolmar 245.4 string trimmer
'06 Chevrolet Silverado
'13 Bravo Star, 7'X12', V-nose
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-18-2014, 12:16 PM
Exact Rototilling's Avatar
Exact Rototilling Exact Rototilling is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Zone: 5B
Posts: 4,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
eXmark has a baffle on the front wall of the deck that my Timemaster doesn't.

I only ordered the mulch kit. If that doesn't work out, I'll be trying that baffle, next.
Okay...still trying to figure out why the Exmark would cut better than the Toro Commercial TurfMaster.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-18-2014, 12:37 PM
ducnut ducnut is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: central IL
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
Okay...still trying to figure out why the Exmark would cut better than the Toro Commercial TurfMaster.
IDK. Does the Turfmaster have that baffle? If not, that may be why.
__________________
1st Class Lawn Service

'13 Hustler X-ONE, 60", Kohler ECV749 EFI
'05 Hustler FasTrak, 42", Honda GXV530
'13 Toro Timemaster 30"
'02 Lawn Boy SilverPro 21"
Stihl BR600 blower
Stihl BG55 blower
Stihl FS55R trimmer
Stihl KM55R Kombi system
Stihl MS180C chain saw
Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer
RedMax Reciprocator
Echo SRM225 trimmer
Echo GT-2000 trimmer
Gravely WB edger
Husqvarna 580BTS blower
Dolmar 245.4 string trimmer
'06 Chevrolet Silverado
'13 Bravo Star, 7'X12', V-nose
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-18-2014, 12:39 PM
2 Cycle's Avatar
2 Cycle 2 Cycle is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Buzzards Bay, MA
Posts: 304
concensus seems to be that the turfmaster and the exmark cut equally as well but the exmark has more durable tires and a more comfortable control setup. I am picking one up this spring, my wish was that the exmark's handle folded up for storage but it looks like the engine restricts that. Sucks because that feature is really nice on the time master. Imagine how much space that would save on a trailer or back of a truck
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-18-2014, 02:02 PM
Exact Rototilling's Avatar
Exact Rototilling Exact Rototilling is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Zone: 5B
Posts: 4,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Cycle View Post
concensus seems to be that the turfmaster and the exmark cut equally as well but the exmark has more durable tires and a more comfortable control setup. I am picking one up this spring, my wish was that the exmark's handle folded up for storage but it looks like the engine restricts that. Sucks because that feature is really nice on the time master. Imagine how much space that would save on a trailer or back of a truck
Posted via Mobile Device
"Sildoc" has also reported a tad better cut with the Exmark over the commercial Toro. I'm thinking he said the pitch of the deck front to back was different.

Loosing the vertical fold up handle and the heavier weight of the commercial versions is what I have a tough time giving up with either TurfMaster.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-18-2014, 02:23 PM
ducnut ducnut is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: central IL
Posts: 1,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
"Sildoc" has also reported a tad better cut with the Exmark over the commercial Toro. I'm thinking he said the pitch of the deck front to back was different.
Dummy me! My ZTRs are pitched, but, never thought about pitching the 30". Something else to try. Thanks!
__________________
1st Class Lawn Service

'13 Hustler X-ONE, 60", Kohler ECV749 EFI
'05 Hustler FasTrak, 42", Honda GXV530
'13 Toro Timemaster 30"
'02 Lawn Boy SilverPro 21"
Stihl BR600 blower
Stihl BG55 blower
Stihl FS55R trimmer
Stihl KM55R Kombi system
Stihl MS180C chain saw
Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer
RedMax Reciprocator
Echo SRM225 trimmer
Echo GT-2000 trimmer
Gravely WB edger
Husqvarna 580BTS blower
Dolmar 245.4 string trimmer
'06 Chevrolet Silverado
'13 Bravo Star, 7'X12', V-nose
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-19-2014, 01:08 AM
PK Mows PK Mows is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Memphis Tn
Posts: 89
I demo'd the Toro and loved it. Been holding off buying two because I've been hoping Honda would bring one out. If no Honda by March I'll be buying the Toro Turfmaster. And then of course Honda will bring out a 30" in April.....

I'm not looking to replace any mowers with them but use them to complement the other stuff on the trailers. Like I have a crew that only does high-end properties, they'll be getting one of these 30's. that goes with their rider, Honda HRC and one or two walk-behinds, depending on what day they're cutting. Just another option for them on properties where everything has to be perfect Another crew that only does rentals and rough commercial won't be getting one. I have a "short" crew that only cuts small properties, like zero lots, they'll be getting a 30" to go with their HRC and 37" Toro.

Just another tool, not appropriate for all properties, but will make money when used correctly. Just wish Honda would make one......
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by PK Mows; 01-19-2014 at 01:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:19 AM.

Page generated in 0.07138 seconds with 8 queries