Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-08-2014, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Member

I think you guys have sold me on the 323, the power to weight sounds good and especially appealing is are the $22 carbs.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatsworking View Post
I had one that was 5 years old, sold it with carb issues last year. That one was run with 87 octane and only ever had basic maintenance done to it. My current ones are a year old and run perfectly. I'm still part time so they don't see tons of use but at least 5 hours a week.
are they the 300 hr rated engine or the 50 hr ?
Old 01-09-2014, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by newz7151 View Post
are they the 300 hr rated engine or the 50 hr ?
I could be wrong, but the rating has nothing to do with engine life longevity. It is the rating for how long the engine will meet EPA emission regs.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:59 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I could be wrong, but the rating has nothing to do with engine life longevity. It is the rating for how long the engine will meet EPA emission regs.
I didn't say it had anything to do with engine life. My point is that to continue to sell the SRM-225 at the $199 Home Depot special pricing, ECHO had to trim costs on it. They did this by changing from a EPA catalytic muffler with platinum in it to a non-catalytic muffler. Platinum prices vary and on a low margin model like the 225 at $199 it was starting to eat into that. The muffler is the reason the rating changed from 300 down to 50 hours, but this also means that the exhaust on the unit is now more free flowing, and what happens when you change the exhaust on an engine to a more free flowing, less restrictive design?
Old 01-09-2014, 03:05 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I never said you did, but since you asked whether they were 300 hr or 50 hr rated, I was simply pointing out to anyone reading along that the rating is for epa regs, not useful engine life. That's a topic and question that comes up fairly often here.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Redmax trimmers are the way to go. Very lightweight. Don't know the model number off the top of my head but get the more expensive one. They are very dependable
Old 01-09-2014, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightshutter View Post
Redmax trimmers are the way to go. Very lightweight. Don't know the model number off the top of my head but get the more expensive one. They are very dependable
I agree with the Redman 2350s but if you want one you need to buy it soon. A Redmax rep told me that they will fased out this year due to EPA restrictions. :-(
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-09-2014, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatsworking View Post
How much do those 2350s go for? look pretty similar to my 225s, are you impressed with the power for the weight or are they just ok?
Right around 300 bucks. Well worth it. A few have recommended the husq 323. It is a pretty good trimmer and id say just a touch stronger than the redmax tr2350s BUT not near as comfortable to run in MY OPINION........ we have one in the trailer along with 4 of the redmax's and the husq never gets picked up by any of my guys if that tells you anything. I do tend to grab it when hitting a grown up ditch though which hardly ever happens.

As for the power to weight?? there OKAY, but here is the deal. on weekly cuts we hardly ever have to run them over 1/2 throttle unless its spring time we will juice them up pretty good. Im telling ya though, its a nice trimmer. little pricey........ I don't care, they last for ever!! The only thing is the bump heads to wear quick but there cheap and we keep a few on hand all the time in the enclosed....... after about 2 years the trigger will get "sticky" and need a new carb which is around 50 bucks. That's if they get used 5 days a week 7 hours or more a day though...... Ours have the joys of doing cemetery work so they get the piss worked out of them and they just go go go...... and at the end of the day your not worn out from working them. Pretty sure there just a touch over 8lbs...........
Old 01-09-2014, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemower View Post
I agree with the Redman 2350s but if you want one you need to buy it soon. A Redmax rep told me that they will fased out this year due to EPA restrictions. :-(
Posted via Mobile Device
Your CHITTING ME!!!!!! Ill be getting ahold of my rep tomorrow and if that's true ill be purchasing a BUNCH OF THEM........ It figures this would happen.............
Old 01-09-2014, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowcrazy View Post

Pretty sure there just a touch over 8lbs...........
Just an FYI- they're 9.5 lbs, which is a half pound more than the Husky 223/323/326, and the 326 is more comfortable than the 223/323. IMO, the Husky T-35 head is the best one on the market. So fast and easy to load, and very reliable.

http://www.redmax.com/products/trimmers/tr2350s/

If you ask me, it's about time to phase out the EPA