Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-09-2014, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

When will this EPA BS end??? If they would just leave the regulations alone these manufacturers would have time to make something dependable but the EPA keeps pushing unreasonable regulations down their throats.

I am sick and tired of our ever growing government. Where will it end??? We gonna use scissors eventually? Is it going to be illegal to breath because we emit C02 out of our nose/mouth... These rejects live in fantasy land. We need our equipment to make a living...
Old 01-09-2014, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowcrazy View Post
Your CHITTING ME!!!!!! Ill be getting ahold of my rep tomorrow and if that's true ill be purchasing a BUNCH OF THEM........ It figures this would happen.............
Yep. That what he said. Apparently the manufacturer's purchase or are allotted a certain amount of credits to use against their equipment that don't meet EPA retirements and they are about out of credits so it's bye-bye for the 2350s. I ordered a bunch extra for our company and the dealer is having problems getting them so act fast! Damn EPA but at least we can breathe now. LOL
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-09-2014, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Just an FYI- they're 9.5 lbs, which is a half pound more than the Husky 223/323/326, and the 326 is more comfortable than the 223/323. IMO, the Husky T-35 head is the best one on the market. So fast and easy to load, and very reliable.

http://www.redmax.com/products/trimmers/tr2350s/

If you ask me, it's about time to phase out the EPA
The feedback on that site is spot on.............. Maybe the huskys are lighter? I didn't think they were but maybe. They sure aren't the preferred trimmer amongst myself and my guys but we also only have tried the 323 husky........... What I can say is if we ever did have to go with something else it prolly would be the huskys. until then we will stay with red.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddixon7 View Post
When will this EPA BS end??? If they would just leave the regulations alone these manufacturers would have time to make something dependable but the EPA keeps pushing unreasonable regulations down their throats.

I am sick and tired of our ever growing government. Where will it end??? We gonna use scissors eventually? Is it going to be illegal to breath because we emit C02 out of our nose/mouth... These rejects live in fantasy land. We need our equipment to make a living...
I don't know but what I can tell you is I will be on the hunt for some of the last ones left tomorrow..... Prolly 8-10 of them.......... I hate to spend that much money on something that is gonna sit in the shop unused for possibly years but oh well. We love them!
Old 01-10-2014, 01:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I don't know but what I can tell you is I will be on the hunt for some of the last ones left tomorrow..... Prolly 8-10 of them.......... I hate to spend that much money on something that is gonna sit in the shop unused for possibly years but oh well. We love them!
That is what I did 10 years ago with Shindaiwa 230s. I bought a bunch and still have 3 in the box new. I wish I would have bought 100 (so my grandkids that I don't have yet could have a 2 cycle trimmer because we all know eventually these won't exist period) but it doesn't matter because parts will eventually be unavailable. I am in the process of buying thousands of dollars worth of parts to keep mine running for ever.

I might go out and get about 10 of these Redmax trimmers too. The heck with the EPA.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

UPDATE ONE TR2350s redmax.... I called my local dealer and told him the rumor. He said he would call the distributor right away and find out and call me back. He called my 5 minutes later and said his distributor had hundreds of them and had heard nothing of the sort about them getting discontinued ALTHOUGH he said he wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't coming as the EPA has been up there butts about there non "stratocharged" weed eaters. To my knowledge the tr2350s is the only trimmer redmax still makes that isnt the greener burning "stratocharged" engine........

Maybe the message hasn't made it to this distributor yet?? I asked my dealer to contact me if he heres such a thing so I could stock up on them. He said sure thing........
Old 01-10-2014, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
UPDATE ONE TR2350s redmax.... I called my local dealer and told him the rumor. He said he would call the distributor right away and find out and call me back. He called my 5 minutes later and said his distributor had hundreds of them and had heard nothing of the sort about them getting discontinued ALTHOUGH he said he wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't coming as the EPA has been up there butts about there non "stratocharged" weed eaters. To my knowledge the tr2350s is the only trimmer redmax still makes that isnt the greener burning "stratocharged" engine........

Maybe the message hasn't made it to this distributor yet?? I asked my dealer to contact me if he heres such a thing so I could stock up on them. He said sure thing........
Thanks for the update mowcrazy. The Redmax rep that I had talked to was at the GIE-Expo this past October. I think that it was more of a "heads up" than a rumor. They are still making them until they no longer can which in his comment he said would be sometime in 2014. How certain that comment is or how public it is known, rest assure if it's a toy that we all like the EPA will find a way to get rid of it like a bad step-mom. A couple of years ago at the GIE Expo the same rep told me that their small 3000 backpack blower was going away and sure enough it did. It will be interesting to see if the distributor gets back with your dealer with more definitive info. Keep us updated if he does.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:

Problem with this is that ever since Husqvarna bought RedMax they are now all having to meet EPA things, whereas before when they were not owned by Husqvarna they could take what they did for themselves, but you can bet now that Husqvarna is going to spend as little as possible on any R&D to clean up the older models without losing the power..
Old 01-10-2014, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It has nothing to do with Husky or any other manu. RM is no different than all the rest, and can't get around what is, and what is, is- the EPA is choking this industry to death.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemower View Post
Thanks for the update mowcrazy. The Redmax rep that I had talked to was at the GIE-Expo this past October. I think that it was more of a "heads up" than a rumor. They are still making them until they no longer can which in his comment he said would be sometime in 2014. How certain that comment is or how public it is known, rest assure if it's a toy that we all like the EPA will find a way to get rid of it like a bad step-mom. A couple of years ago at the GIE Expo the same rep told me that their small 3000 backpack blower was going away and sure enough it did. It will be interesting to see if the distributor gets back with your dealer with more definitive info. Keep us updated if he does.
Agreed, and just because my local shop has a distributor that hasn't heard doesn't mean its not coming!!! for now he has tons of them though so Im not going to go buy up a bunch of them........ My dealer saids he will keep tabs on the situation and call me if he hears bad....