Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-07-2014, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

2014 EDDM mailings

What are your thoughts? I designed them myself, just learning photoshop..

Old 01-07-2014, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Looks nice.

Personally I don't like the bushes being cut off at the top of card. I would include the whole plants or crop out. Just my thoughts. Good job. I respect what your doing by designing yourself. I enjoy doing that type of stuff for my business.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:05 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffTurfLawnCare View Post
What are your thoughts? I designed them myself, just learning photoshop..

I guess if you want people to call or email you right away, you might ought to find a place to put your phone number or email address on the card..
Old 01-08-2014, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Whats with the paragraphs on the back of the card ? Also you want a call to action. You have approx 2 seconds to catch someone's attention before they throw your card in the trash.

Also the picture in the back will be one big blur when printed due to being such low resolution.

I did my own designs for years, the design fee I paid last year for my postcards has been priceless. You want your mailer to standout from all the other junk mail.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-08-2014, 09:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I did a similar design last year with the writing on the back and it worked, figured I would do it again. Actually had a coup,e customers comment on what i wrote last year. All of the junk mail i get is very impersonal and looks the same. So to be different, I figured a more personal note might seperate me from all the others. It seemed to work last year. images are actually very high quality images (300dpi) similar to the ones I used last year, and they printed crystal clear. Granted the pics shown here are low quality conversions for the web.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:25 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would add a call to action on the front. Keep the paragraph if you want. But you need a call to action.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-08-2014, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Billing is spelled wrong on your sample.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:56 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Needs a call to action. People aren't just throwing this bit of advice out so that they have something to say. You really want something to catch the eye of people who really won't read a word of those paragraphs. I'm one of those. If I see a ton of text, and nothing to initially engage me, it's straight to the trash. And I'm not alone on this. Do something to catch my eye and make yourself stand out from the 13 other pieces of mail I received today.

- Get a prominently placed phone number on there, as well as your email.

- Put your web site link on there. Make a special landing page to direct them to. Give them a reason to go to your site, whether it's a bonus service or discount. Maybe it's a "Visit TuffTurfLawnCare.com/2014bonus and see what you'll receive today!". Add an email form to that page and you have another way of prequalifying that lead and tracking how that mailer is doing. Make them feel like they're getting a legit bonus for following through. It's also the absolute best way to track how your mailing is doing. Simply tie it to a traffic tracker, such as Google Analytics, and see how many visits you get vs. phone calls. Of those visits, who is filling out the form on the landing page? Who is calling you and what prompted you. This is a great way to iterate, refine, and target your marketing. In Analytics, you can really drill down to see which of your mailing areas is best converting, and then use that intel to help your next campaign. Drop some areas, really blast another, better performing neighborhood.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Paragraph is too long--didn't read. The "We utilize technology..." sentence is 36 words long.
I suggest bullet points. No more than three.
Whiffy is right. Call to action or limited time offer is a good idea--early bird special sale--coupon--if you call now, Etc.
Photo...I don't like. Mowing stripes are too prominent. And...grass photographs best on a dark cloudy day--it looks greener. And--take a tip from the Tru Green ads. Many people, (especially women) will not pay attention to photos unless there are people in them. Absolutely gorgeous woman. Handsome man. Cute children and dog. Your printer can probably do this. His photo professional can photographically move attractive models into your lawn picture.

I think the Tuff Turf is hard to read. Looks like "uff urf" with a yellow bracket. I think it would be better to spell it out boldly...loud and simple. Add an easy to remember slogan, if you can, "The best costs no more".

Sorry for all the criticism. Also, I think there is too much emphasis on electronic billing and so forth. One mention is enough, maybe too much. Concentrate on benefits to the customer...healthy grass.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thats the type of feed back I was looking for! Thanks a ton guys!!!