Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #61  
Old 02-01-2014, 11:09 AM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: S W Florida
Posts: 11,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl-landscapes View Post
Orlando as a whole has some tough areas.

http://www.usnews.com/news/slideshow...s-us-cities/10
My area might be considered the back woods or small town full of old timers. It is a Retirement area. But I have done OK with out fighting the big city traffic or crime. I guess it is all in what you want out of life. The Happiest time of the year for me is Snow Bird Go Home Day. So far the Big Boys have not pressed too hard on my area, so Competition isn't real bad compared to other places. But like all of Florida My area is growing, maybe Too Fast for my liking.

.
__________________
.

it is one thing to do a off label applications. It is total stupidity to post it on the world wide web and expect people to approve.

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

My People Skills are Fine. It is my Idiot Tolerance Skills That needs Work.

.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 02-01-2014, 04:32 PM
OneLineAtATime OneLineAtATime is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
My area might be considered the back woods or small town full of old timers. It is a Retirement area. But I have done OK with out fighting the big city traffic or crime. I guess it is all in what you want out of life. The Happiest time of the year for me is Snow Bird Go Home Day. So far the Big Boys have not pressed too hard on my area, so Competition isn't real bad compared to other places. But like all of Florida My area is growing, maybe Too Fast for my liking.

.
Ric.. i tried to PM you and your box is full... Shoot me a email address
__________________
Full time Mowing Crews

Bucket Truck/Chipper

Landscapes/Hardscapes

7 Trucks
2 Loaders
1 Mini skid steer
A Army of MEN

Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-16-2015, 12:21 AM
Hereandthere Hereandthere is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 14
I'm pretty late to the game but all this info on FL is really great fellas!

Anyone have info on the industry / price per cut / demand / supply in Miami?

And which neighborhoods are the best for landscaping there?
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-16-2015, 01:00 AM
easy-lift guy's Avatar
easy-lift guy easy-lift guy is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Venice, FL. USA
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hereandthere View Post
I'm pretty late to the game but all this info on FL is really great fellas!

Anyone have info on the industry / price per cut / demand / supply in Miami?

And which neighborhoods are the best for landscaping there?
I just Sent you a pm. Not sure if you received it or not?. I agree with Ric on your question. He is just down the road a spell from me. I will try and send you an email later this morning.
easy-lift guy
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-16-2015, 01:08 AM
Hereandthere Hereandthere is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 14
Thanks easy-lift guy! I'm currently trying to figure out how to enable private messages so I don't see it yet. I'd really appreciate the email!
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-16-2015, 01:55 AM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 10,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hereandthere View Post
Thanks easy-lift guy! I'm currently trying to figure out how to enable private messages so I don't see it yet. I'd really appreciate the email!
You need 10 posts to send and gets pm messages.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-16-2015, 02:21 AM
Hereandthere Hereandthere is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 14
Ooo got it - thanks Patriot Services!
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-16-2015, 12:01 PM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: S W Florida
Posts: 11,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
My area might be considered the back woods or small town full of old timers. It is a Retirement area. But I have done OK with out fighting the big city traffic or crime. I guess it is all in what you want out of life. The Happiest time of the year for me is Snow Bird Go Home Day. So far the Big Boys have not pressed too hard on my area, so Competition isn't real bad compared to other places. But like all of Florida My area is growing, maybe Too Fast for my liking.

.

IMHO If you want to make a nice living in Florida, GET A SKILL WITH SOME KIND WITH CREDENTIALS. Florida is hurting for skilled people. But full of unskilled labor who Roll out Grand Pa's Crapsman mower and claims to be a Landscaper.


.
__________________
.

it is one thing to do a off label applications. It is total stupidity to post it on the world wide web and expect people to approve.

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

My People Skills are Fine. It is my Idiot Tolerance Skills That needs Work.

.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 03-16-2015, 06:49 PM
Patriot Services's Avatar
Patriot Services Patriot Services is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 10,258
There is a big surge in heavy equipment operators. Electricians, plumbers and hvac are looking for helpers and I'm sure a sharp guy can move up and get the time needed to sit for a contractor license. Trugreen has even called me offering an applicators job. If I we're younger and needed the job I would consider it. I'm sure private cpos are looking for diligent applicants. In FLORIDA you need 3 years in most jobs to sit for state contractors license you need to strike out on your own. There's a shortage of certified welders too. Starting an lco from scratch is long and laborious with no guarantees and a lot of competition.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 03-16-2015, 06:51 PM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 5,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
There is a big surge in heavy equipment operators. Electricians, plumbers and hvac are looking for helpers and I'm sure a sharp guy can move up and get the time needed to sit for a contractor license. Trugreen has even called me offering an applicators job. If I we're younger and needed the job I would consider it. I'm sure private cpos are looking for diligent applicants. In FLORIDA you need 3 years in most jobs to sit for state contractors license you need to strike out on your own. There's a shortage of certified welders too. Starting an lco from scratch is long and laborious with no guarantees and a lot of competition.
Posted via Mobile Device
But florida is the land of milk and honey
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Layout Style:




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:11 AM.

Page generated in 0.07494 seconds with 8 queries