Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-14-2014, 11:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the decks identical? Or very very close to the pz

Personally I'm not spending 10 grand on a damn lawn mower. Everyone complains about trucks lawn prices etc. But 10 grand for a lawn mower is perfectly fine.

Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Well, no, not really. The deck is 11 guage steel instead of 7 gauge. The hydro's are closer to entry level commercial as they are HG 3400's. I know they are good hydro's, but they are still lighter duty units than the full commercial 5400's.

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products...specifications

I don't think anyone would go wrong buying one for commercial use though, depending on who runs it and how.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Sle is cheapest in the country for them. Theres a pz-t as well. Its one step under from that
Posted via Mobile Device
Actually the one I showed is $300 cheaper than what SLE advertises theirs for.. Anyways I think they are both great dealer within reasonable traveling time when I go to buy again..
Old 01-14-2014, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Well, no, not really. The deck is 11 guage steel instead of 7 gauge. The hydro's are closer to entry level commercial as they are HG 3400's. I know they are good hydro's, but they are still lighter duty units than the full commercial 5400's.

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/products...specifications

I don't think anyone would go wrong buying one for commercial use though, depending on who runs it and how.
Thanks. Its sickening how much exmark Deere etc. Are now in my area. I just can't justify 10k+ for a mower that does the same thing.

I've watched them closely. Qoc, striping, etc. I think they're worth a legit try
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-14-2014, 11:58 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Thanks. Its sickening how much exmark Deere etc. Are now in my area. I just can't justify 10k+ for a mower that does the same thing.

I've watched them closely. Qoc, striping, etc. I think they're worth a legit try
Posted via Mobile Device
Well the thing is, it's how are some of these mowers when you get 2000 hours on them? Some are still tight with just doing regular maintenance & some if they even make it to like 2000 hours are ready for the scrap yard.. The extra money for some of these mowers is definitely in the build..
Old 01-14-2014, 12:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
Well the thing is, it's how are some of these mowers when you get 2000 hours on them? Some are still tight with just doing regular maintenance & some if they even make it to like 2000 hours are ready for the scrap yard.. The extra money for some of these mowers is definitely in the build..
I have no intentions on keeping them that long. We sell them while they still have value. 2000 hours is just like a truck with 200000 miles to me.

Im running mostly used turf tracers but would still like to sit my lazy ass on a mower once in a while lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-14-2014, 12:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I have no intentions on keeping them that long. We sell them while they still have value. 2000 hours is just like a truck with 200000 miles to me.

Im running mostly used turf tracers but would still like to sit my lazy ass on a mower once in a while lol
Posted via Mobile Device
LMAO!!

Thanks, I needed a good laugh today, and you just handed it to me.

I don't think you'll have any trouble with the deck on one of these mowers. I have a 24 YO 12 gauge deck on one of my JD's that is still going strong. Just don't let crap get caked on underneath it like guys tend to do with the 7 gauge decks. The thinner decks will rust through much quicker if you do. 11 gauge is still decently thick and will to do for commercial use as long as you don't bang into anything while moving fast. Plus, it appears to have a welded on reinforcement wrapper like other commercial decks do. it might not be as thick a wrapper, but still, there is one there.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
LMAO!!

Thanks, I needed a good laugh today, and you just handed it to me.

I don't think you'll have any trouble with the deck on one of these mowers. I have a 24 YO 12 gauge deck on one of my JD's that is still going strong. Just don't let crap get caked on underneath it like guys tend to do with the 7 gauge decks. The thinner decks will rust through much quicker if you do. 11 gauge is still decently thick and will to do for commercial use as long as you don't bang into anything while moving fast. Plus, it appears to have a welded on reinforcement wrapper like other commercial decks do. it might not be as thick a wrapper, but still, there is one there.
Does anyone know why they discontinued the commercial HUsq walk behinds. After reading this thread in looked at Some on eBay and YouTube and they look really sleek and nice.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-14-2014, 12:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have no idea, but several people have been asking about them lately. Maybe Husky will see this and they will bring them back. If I had to guess though, I'd say they just didn't sell well enough to keep producing them for the US market, especially with other home grown units from their competitors doing so well here. If in fact they didn't sell all that well, there should still be a few of them left in warehouses somewhere that dealers could order in for a guy looking for one.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I have no idea, but several people have been asking about them lately. Maybe Husky will see this and they will bring them back. If I had to guess though, I'd say they just didn't sell well enough to keep producing them for the US market, especially with other home grown units from their competitors doing so well here. If in fact they didn't sell all that well, there should still be a few of them left in warehouses somewhere that dealers could order in for a guy looking for one.
The thing I liked is the true zero turn setup with the drive system similar looking to the handles on a stander. Also the higher end ones had an easy height adjust setting.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-14-2014, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
The thing I liked is the true zero turn setup with the drive system similar looking to the handles on a stander. Also the higher end ones had an easy height adjust setting.
Posted via Mobile Device
I never paid much attention to them when they had them on their site. Now I'm wishing I had. They sound pretty sweet.