Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-14-2014, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I never paid much attention to them when they had them on their site. Now I'm wishing I had. They sound pretty sweet.
http://sleequipment.com/new-52-wh521...awn-mower.html

New old stock maybe?
Old 01-14-2014, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would assume so since they aren't listed on Husky's site anymore. Still, if it's what you want it would be worth buying because Husky dealer's will still service them if need be.

If I could get through to Husky on the phone these days, I'd call and ask about them, but getting through to anyone there has been impossible for the last year or more.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.woodsindustrialsupply.com...riding-mowers/

Hope that link works. It's a dealer in Washington. Check out the 2 walm behinds at the bottom of the page. Those are the ones I was looking at. The drive controls look similar to the new scag swz walk behind. If I get a chance ill call this dealer and see what they know.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-14-2014, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Man, those do look nice. No Husky dealer around me ever had those in stock that I can recall.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Husqvarna dropped the line ( I forget what year it was )
After major issues with their belt drives not pulling ( they were similar to stander hand grips) sales were down on their hydros walks as well.
The decks around here had major issues with clumping in thick grass instead of throwing it as it exited the decks.

This was on walk behind units only.

The reason Husqvarna calls the MZT entry is because how good their commercial is . I run Mz52"s and I could have went to the T series of it for a better seat and roll bar
But SLE EQUIPMENT said the speed is only slower because of linkages and showed me how to get 10 mph speed same as the MZT.

Husqvarna also says a 223L string trimmer is residential and the 323L is light commercial , yet magically I have run them both , used sthil tree clearing blades many hours a year and never broke a shaft on either models ( the shaft is the only difference) on several of our jobs we cut road way ditches 2-3 times a year and we just place the grass blade between the spool and where it goes and that is a monster, try it
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-14-2014, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

323 vs 223. The shaft is NOT the only difference. The 323 is 20% more powerful, and that is significant. I have run the 223 for the last two full seasons and will do so again this year. It has yet to let me down, but when it does fail, I will replace it with either the 323 (or most likely the 326), though the new Stihl 94 is looking very interesting so far.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Husqvarna is a great mower. my dad's rz5424 residential ztr leaves as good of a cut as my john deere z920a commercial mower.

they both have very similar decks if you compare the commercial to commercial and residential to residential. you would think they are owned by the same company or have some agreement or something.

I have both dealers within 10 miles of each other. the only thing I don't like about the Husqvarna is how far the rops is spread out even when folded down. that is the only thing that is better on the deere mower.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

20% more power , with the same engine , that is impressive. . SeriOus note it is 1.0 compaired to 1.2 hp. Its like saying your man hood is 10" compaired to someone else has 10.2" .... It is so impressive but the question is , can she feel it ..... Like not but again it's all how you use it not advertise it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-14-2014, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35DollarLawns View Post
20% more power , with the same engine , that is impressive. . SeriOus note it is 1.0 compaired to 1.2 hp. Its like saying your man hood is 10" compaired to someone else has 10.2" .... It is so impressive but the question is , can she feel it ..... Like not but again it's all how you use it not advertise it.
Posted via Mobile Device
No, not quite. It would be like comparing 10" to 12" to use your anology, which I really hate to do since it isn't appropriate on this forum. It's 20% more which would be an additional 2"/.2 HP, not .2% more, or 2 tenths of an inch/HP.

Last edited by Ridin' Green; 01-14-2014 at 08:56 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35DollarLawns View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Well I don't have Husqvarna but run echo & can honestly say there is quite a bit difference between my 230 vs my 265..the 265 is heavier but more powerful as well..
Posted via Mobile Device