Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-17-2014, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

When I heard that I took a 18hr road trip to pick up a nice sk650 with 350 hrs.. Not being able to order a turbo diesel anymore is going to sky rocket the prices of the used low hour machines.. People are going to be fighting for them soon. Then in a few years they will all be high houred wonderful memories! Lol
Old 01-19-2014, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchwitchrunner View Post
When I heard that I took a 18hr road trip to pick up a nice sk650 with 350 hrs.. Not being able to order a turbo diesel anymore is going to sky rocket the prices of the used low hour machines.. People are going to be fighting for them soon. Then in a few years they will all be high houred wonderful memories! Lol
History will show that something better will prevail...
Furthermore, Kubota can always update the engine to satisfy EPA's specs...

Anyhow, do you mind sharing how much you paid for it? A buyer just gave me a deposit on my SK500 and am looking to get something in the $10K range. My original intent was to fund a SK755, but my dealer just sold the last one.

I found a Vermeer S600tx, but not sure if it's that much better than the SK500. Any SK650's that I've found are in the 13-14K$ range...Any advice?
Old 01-19-2014, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I payed 14k for it with a trencher and bucket and forks.. I got a fair deal.. You aren't going to find a steal on a low hour sk650.. You can find good deals on the vermeer 600 but I had one and sold it 3 weeks later. Would never switch to vermeer after running ditchwitch..
Old 01-19-2014, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Also I don't have time to wait around for d.w to figure something out with an engine. Come end of march I need a machine and that's why I jumped on this.. I am more than happy with this 650. Don't know if I would need the 755.. The only better thing is the high track design
Old 01-19-2014, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a 600 tx
I think it's a solid tight machine.
Joystick controls are great.
450 hours we paid $9500 with a bucket
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-19-2014, 06:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchwitchrunner View Post
I payed 14k for it with a trencher and bucket and forks.. I got a fair deal.. You aren't going to find a steal on a low hour sk650.. You can find good deals on the vermeer 600 but I had one and sold it 3 weeks later. Would never switch to vermeer after running ditchwitch..
Is it power or..? I can really use your advice. Looking to get something real soon...
Old 01-19-2014, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING View Post
We have a 600 tx
I think it's a solid tight machine.
Joystick controls are great.
450 hours we paid $9500 with a bucket
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks

I'm looking at a 2007 with 550 hours with bucket $8,500. It's at a local Vermeer dealership. It looks good all around and it's easier to control...I just couldn't test the power on-site...
Old 01-20-2014, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post
Thanks man! i will be going to get one tomorrow if thats the case. That is a bad bad bad machine.

Zahn is a nice machine but in the mud it doesnt do a darn thing. I need a 755 for ripping in silt fence. The zahn has to have dry dirt and ive rolled it more times then i can count because the trencher is so heavy.
Hey man tried to private message you but it says your box is full I'll be happy to answer your questions but I can't send it to you. Says you need to make room.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes it's power all the way.. The 600 only has 3 pumps where the 650 has 4. Night and day plus the 600 only has the 25hp the 650 has I believe 32hp.. I prefer the controls and platform on the ditchwitch. I rather be able to operate tracks separately.. Also I was terrified of the vermeer cockpit feeling going on steep slopes I felt like I was trapped inside machine. I like the ditchwitch where I can jump left or right if I need to bail in an emergency.. I just feel like e ditchwitch is more solid all the way around. But selling point is def. the power all day
Old 01-21-2014, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonV View Post
Hey man tried to private message you but it says your box is full I'll be happy to answer your questions but I can't send it to you. Says you need to make room.
Ok i made some room now!! box was full.