Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Member

READJUSTED landscape....

I know i just asked for help but this is a different quote and i have a total of everything.. let me know what yall think.. im charging $75 for delivery of plants. and $65 an hour for me and $10 an hour for my help. Im guessing its going to be around 6 hours.. the time frame of any landscape is my only problem.. normally it always takes me longer than what i quote so i added another hour or two just to cover my labor..
1-15 gallon holly 84.53
14-3 gallon pixie loropetalum 191.00
6-3 gallon emerald snow loropetalum 81.86
9-3 gallon firepower nandina 122.78
7-1 gallon variegated liriope 43.07
2-3 gallon adagio maiden grass 27.29
removal of existing plants, removal of plastic bed edge, filling in a few holes with dirt and planting new shrubs is 525.00.

The labor of 525.00 includes the delivery fee of $75 and the labor for both myself and my helper for 6 hours.. I have to remove two small sago palms, two pampas grass, and a smaller shrub. the plastic bed edge is a piece of cake to pull up. Im making profit off the shrubs as well. A 1 gallon here cost 5.75 and i can get for 2.75. The 3 gallons are 12.75 and I can get for 8.75 so of course im making good money just off plants. What do you guys think about this since its better laid out for yall to understand better. If you have any questions just let me know.. thanks again folks.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Here is the estimate that I have written up but have not submitted.

Last edited by Michael J. Donovan; 02-17-2014 at 10:25 PM. Reason: removed attached estimate
Old 02-13-2014, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You really shouldn't post your client's information on the internet without their permission…not to mention, you are also telling your competition where to find their next job.

Your estimate seem low.

You should also account for the 240' of metal edging you said in the other thread was being installed on this job…That's potentially a $300 error in your material costs which means your $525 in labor just got cut to $225.

Better check your numbers.
www.awlandscapers.com

Hustler X-One 60"
Wright Stander RH 36"
eXmark 21" ECXKA21 Mower
Stihl FC110 Edger
Stihl FS90 Trimmer
Stihl FS55R Trimmer
Stihl HS56C Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS391 25" Bar Chainsaw
RedMax EBZ7100 Blower
Earthquake 16" Rear Tine Tiller
Honda 9" Mini Tiller FG110
2014 GMC Sierra Denali HD
7' x 16' Enclosed V-Nose Trailer
6' x 12' Dump Trailer
Equipment & Work thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=415830
Old 02-13-2014, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Why are you only charging $10/ hour for any labor?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-14-2014, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I know a lot of people might charge twice the cost of the plant. so just multiply the cost (or retail cost) of your plants times 2 and if you want add your delivery fee...
good luck
Old 02-17-2014, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Member

im not charging 10 dollars for any labor im paying my helper 10 dollars and hour and i have since then change some things around.. im doing the full blown landscape job in the morning.. im charging 10 dollars per 10 foot stick of metal bed edge so thats profit and also making profit off shrubs as well.. its a good profit for roughly 6 hours if that..Plus we live in the south where things are a lot cheaper then up north and you have to charge somewhere near the price that the customer will pay.. im definitely not losing money on this deal just different regions will charge different prices..
Old 02-17-2014, 01:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Dude $10/ ain't enough to take care of the legalities of that laborer. You might meet the Dept. of Labor someday. I know, I know and then it happened to me last year. I also have a new penpal named the Iowa Dept. of Revenue. Thank God I had a proper pesticide license or I would have been buried. You better take this seriously because I am not messing with you here. You need to have some worker's compensation on that helper too. You charge $60 for your help too and hope you come out ahead but you got it all figured out.

I hope an ad will come along and get that bid off the thread or shut it down. I think you got your job all lined up already anyway.

For Pam's sake for crying out loud. Cmon ads, this is an honest mistake but do Pam a favor please.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twomancrew View Post
Dude $10/ ain't enough to take care of the legalities of that laborer. You might meet the Dept. of Labor someday. I know, I know and then it happened to me last year. I also have a new penpal named the Iowa Dept. of Revenue. Thank God I had a proper pesticide license or I would have been buried. You better take this seriously because I am not messing with you here. You need to have some worker's compensation on that helper too. You charge $60 for your help too and hope you come out ahead but you got it all figured out.

I hope an ad will come along and get that bid off the thread or shut it down. I think you got your job all lined up already anyway.

For Pam's sake for crying out loud. Cmon ads, this is an honest mistake but do Pam a favor please.
I PMed a moderator and asked them to remove the client's info.
www.awlandscapers.com

Hustler X-One 60"
Wright Stander RH 36"
eXmark 21" ECXKA21 Mower
Stihl FC110 Edger
Stihl FS90 Trimmer
Stihl FS55R Trimmer
Stihl HS56C Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS391 25" Bar Chainsaw
RedMax EBZ7100 Blower
Earthquake 16" Rear Tine Tiller
Honda 9" Mini Tiller FG110