Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-19-2014, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanks to those who answered my questions. I look forward to any pics or vids that may get posted.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-19-2014, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Here is my vid.

http://www.youtu.be/Fw7u6vDT5Co
Old 01-19-2014, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Here is my vid.

http://youtu.be/Fw7u6vDT5Co
Link not working for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-19-2014, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Sorry try this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw7u6vDT5Co

For some reason I have problems posting links from my iphone sometimes..
Old 01-19-2014, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

No problem GMLC.... I think I told you in another thread that I purposefully do not post pics or vids but I am going to relax that rule soon. I have just heard some bad stories associated with folks posting stuff but I believe that if you do it intelligently, no harm can come of it. So, while I can promise that I will post some pics and vids soon... I cannot promise when. However, the first one will be of me mowing a hill diagonally. I promise.

I am actually not sure where you are in N.H but I travel back and forth between Upstate New York and Boston a lot because I still have a lot of family in Boston. Since you are really good with reviews and honest, I would definitely entertain the idea of dropping my machine off to you for a weekend so you could give it a 2 day review. I think the L.S population would love that.... You would be the perfect unbiased reviewer.

Choppin- Can you let us know what type of unit you run? And how fast you mow lawn or turf OTHER than wide open fields. I mean, unless you are mowing all of your properties on a Scag or Dixie at 15+ mph, the 7-10 mph on a Walker is really not all that slower. But like I said, nobody is running their units at those speeds unless all they service is wide open areas. But let me know what you mow and what you mow it with and we can go from there. Also, part of Walker's perfect cut is from the deck that moves independently from the machine itself. Yes, going slower will give you a better QOC but Walker's design and innovation are just as much responsible for this as speed is.

Whiffy- It is actually really difficult to side mow a hill without arm rests... You do tend to slide off of the seat. I have been running Walkers for so long that I do a combination of shifting my weight(i am almost sitting on the side of the seat at times) putting pressure on my feet... and using the controls to keep my balance. You can get armrests on the units but the way a Walker is operated makes the armrests almost obsolete in the first place.(for the operator's right arm anyway)
Old 01-19-2014, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yes! That is the video GMLC..... Awesome! Thanks for posting it.... I actually couldn't find it.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
No problem GMLC.... I think I told you in another thread that I purposefully do not post pics or vids but I am going to relax that rule soon. I have just heard some bad stories associated with folks posting stuff but I believe that if you do it intelligently, no harm can come of it. So, while I can promise that I will post some pics and vids soon... I cannot promise when. However, the first one will be of me mowing a hill diagonally. I promise.

I am actually not sure where you are in N.H but I travel back and forth between Upstate New York and Boston a lot because I still have a lot of family in Boston. Since you are really good with reviews and honest, I would definitely entertain the idea of dropping my machine off to you for a weekend so you could give it a 2 day review. I think the L.S population would love that.... You would be the perfect unbiased reviewer.

Choppin- Can you let us know what type of unit you run? And how fast you mow lawn or turf OTHER than wide open fields. I mean, unless you are mowing all of your properties on a Scag or Dixie at 15+ mph, the 7-10 mph on a Walker is really not all that slower. But like I said, nobody is running their units at those speeds unless all they service is wide open areas. But let me know what you mow and what you mow it with and we can go from there. Also, part of Walker's perfect cut is from the deck that moves independently from the machine itself. Yes, going slower will give you a better QOC but Walker's design and innovation are just as much responsible for this as speed is.

Whiffy- It is actually really difficult to side mow a hill without arm rests... You do tend to slide off of the seat. I have been running Walkers for so long that I do a combination of shifting my weight(i am almost sitting on the side of the seat at times) putting pressure on my feet... and using the controls to keep my balance. You can get armrest on the units but the way a Walker is operated make the armrests almost obsolete in the first place.(for the operators right arm anyway)
Your rule of not posting pics and vids is a good one. I have had content stolen off of my website and probably LS too. Im now very picky on what pics I post and have shut down my website to redesign it with pics that have my company name on them. Which still may not help...

Im in New Boston NH and would love to try your machines! You can try mine as well!!
Old 01-19-2014, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I run Ferris 3100 mowers and looking at a John Deere and a lot of my stuff is wide open. I have 6 big churches that range from 3-6 acres and then I have one commercial account and several residents. My 3100 will mow at 13mph and yes I do 65 percent of my mowing at full stick.... I have turned down some good buys on 10 mph machines becuase they don't fit my application for production. I have some bigger residential yards that would take forever on a 7 mph machine. In my area you wouldn't make it with that slow of a mower... People around here don't worry about quality they just want it cut cheap. We have to turn out production... No one will pay the extra cost for me to run a mower that slow... And plus I can cut a yard smooth and flat with my mowers... Why would I want to make less money per day becuase I'm turning out less work...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-19-2014, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

And a 60 inch mower is just about the smallest mower you will see a LCO running around here. I usually run two 60s.... Sold one of my 60s fixing to buy a 72 inch 12 mph machine....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-19-2014, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

We run full stick(13mph) on maybe 50% of our properties. On the other 50%, like in my vid, 8-10mph with short bursts of full stick. Great cut quality is a must around here, especially in wet conditions as the morning dew here doesn't dry out till noon sometimes.
Posted via Mobile Device