Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-19-2014, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
We run full stick(13mph) on maybe 50% of our properties. On the other 50%, like in my vid, 8-10mph with short bursts of full stick. Great cut quality is a must around here, especially in wet conditions as the morning dew here doesn't dry out till noon sometimes.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's us for the most part.... We prob hang around 11-12 and when the grass gets thinner we run full stick... I want to try a Super Z to see if I can mow my bi-weekly account with thick grass any faster than I can with my Ferris. But I don't have a good Hustler dealer... I have a Hustler dealer 10 mins from my house but he dosnt stock commercial mowers or there parts.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-19-2014, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Is that the main or only reason you guys don't post pics in that you don't want some loser to cut and past them for themselves in their own website or some type of portfolio?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-19-2014, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML View Post
Is that the main or only reason you guys don't post pics in that you don't want some loser to cut and past them for themselves in their own website or some type of portfolio?
Posted via Mobile Device
That's what happened to me. Now I don't post pics of my high end accounts anymore. If I do my truck, trailer, or myself are in the pic.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppin View Post
That's us for the most part.... We prob hang around 11-12 and when the grass gets thinner we run full stick... I want to try a Super Z to see if I can mow my bi-weekly account with thick grass any faster than I can with my Ferris. But I don't have a good Hustler dealer... I have a Hustler dealer 10 mins from my house but he dosnt stock commercial mowers or there parts.
Posted via Mobile Device
Honestly I don't think you would be happy with the VX4 deck compared to the ICD. But things may be different on your grasses.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Honestly I don't think you would be happy with the VX4 deck compared to the ICD. But things may be different on your grasses.
That's what I have read also....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-19-2014, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppin View Post
That's what I have read also....
Posted via Mobile Device
I posted some pics in another thread of the VX4 cut quality in wet grass that made some Hustler guys mad....
Old 01-19-2014, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for giving me some more insight into what you are cutting and what you are cutting with Choppin. Fair enough... I can see why slower speeds would turn you off. I want to say that the user Weeze said in a post recently that Husqvarna has the highest cutting speed? Is there truth to this? I always thought it was Dixie or Hustler that held that title.....

To be perfectly honest, there is a lot of work where I am that is wide open and more acreage oriented and I would benefit from a fast mid-mount. This is just coming up on my 2'nd year in business(for myself) so I am still focusing on what I know best which is residential properties around an acre or under in most cases. I learned the trade in Boston and this is all there was, I am lucky enough to be in a bigger city for Upstate New York.... I can tell you guys one thing though, when I do purchase a mid-mount, I am going to be pulling my hair out! There are so many great units out there I will never be able to choose! Top 3 have to be Scag, Gravely, and Ferris... Shoot! I forgot Deere and the 7 iron!.. OK... Top 4.. haha

TML.... I am with GMLC on the whole photo and video thing but my reasons actually go deeper as well. The internet is forever. Even what we are typing here back and forth is forever. These words will be available for the whole world to see forever. This is why my wife and I do not do facebook. We have children and it just kind of creeps us out that anything put online is forever.

But.....

There are smart ways to do things and just because there are some bad apples out there makes me mad because I am so passionate about landscaping/lawncare and I want to share my passion with like-minded people.... But you can mark my words.... I will have some Walker videos soon if only for the reason that I need to disprove some preconceived notions about Walkers.....
Old 01-19-2014, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I get the FB thing, but I think the people that post pics legitimizes their work and puts allot more weight in their comments,, for me anyway. I also get the concern about hacks copying them,,,but at least if that happens you know your doing a good job!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-19-2014, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I 100% agree with you on posting pics of work. In fact, once my website is up and running, there will only be pics of MY work on it. (I hate generic stock photos) And like both you and GMLC said, as long as it is done smartly then it is all good....
Old 01-24-2014, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bump because I don't think everybody had a chance to comment.... Where is GENE????