Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 01-26-2014, 04:53 PM
Armsden&Son Armsden&Son is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: adirondacks, NY
Posts: 1,544
Bump for Johnny!
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-26-2014, 09:50 PM
JEFF C JEFF C is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: TUPELO MS
Posts: 11
walker

how are most of you walker people hauling the grass clippings. I
love my walkers but I am looking for a better way to deal with clipping.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-26-2014, 11:06 PM
GQLL GQLL is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hampton Roads, Va
Posts: 655
F450 withn12 foot dump. Or we dump on site it about a 75/25 split.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-27-2014, 08:25 AM
JEFF C JEFF C is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: TUPELO MS
Posts: 11
Do you pull a trailer with it or do you carry walkers with another truck and trailer
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-27-2014, 08:29 AM
jrs.landscaping's Avatar
jrs.landscaping jrs.landscaping is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQLL View Post
F450 withn12 foot dump. Or we dump on site it about a 75/25 split.
Same here 60/40 split for haul away and dump on site.

Jeff, one truck trailer combo unless we are doing leaves, then one truck trailer and debris on another truck.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-27-2014, 09:28 AM
JEFF C JEFF C is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: TUPELO MS
Posts: 11
are you backing up the trailer into the truck and dumping or do you have a high dump walker
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-27-2014, 09:32 AM
JEFF C JEFF C is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: TUPELO MS
Posts: 11
and are you unhooking trailer to dump truck
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-27-2014, 11:33 AM
Beggslandscaping14 Beggslandscaping14 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Augusta Ga
Posts: 11
I have posted before about walker but since this is just for walkers I thought I would check it out. I'm looking to buy a walker to this year I currently have a gravely 48" but looking for a walker on my nicer yards and for leaf cleanup. I don't have a lot of money to spend and I'm wanting to pay cash and not buy new for now. I have a buddy that has a 1996 with the 16hp motor. I have heard if it's the single cylinder it's ok but stay away from the twin cylinder. With the clientele I have now I won't be putting more than about 100-125 a year and that's high. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-27-2014, 02:33 PM
jrs.landscaping's Avatar
jrs.landscaping jrs.landscaping is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF C View Post
are you backing up the trailer into the truck and dumping or do you have a high dump walker
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=397570

bottom of page one


Quote:
Originally Posted by Beggslandscaping14 View Post
I have posted before about walker but since this is just for walkers I thought I would check it out. I'm looking to buy a walker to this year I currently have a gravely 48" but looking for a walker on my nicer yards and for leaf cleanup. I don't have a lot of money to spend and I'm wanting to pay cash and not buy new for now. I have a buddy that has a 1996 with the 16hp motor. I have heard if it's the single cylinder it's ok but stay away from the twin cylinder. With the clientele I have now I won't be putting more than about 100-125 a year and that's high. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'd go with the 20hp Kohler, it should be perfect for what you need it for, the 16 just seemed gutless when I tried one JMHO.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-27-2014, 06:43 PM
JEFF C JEFF C is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: TUPELO MS
Posts: 11
thanks for photo I have been thinking about getting a Isuzu npr but cant pull the trigger. Not real sure it will be enough room
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 PM.

Page generated in 0.07990 seconds with 7 queries