Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-12-2003, 04:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

stang358
I like yours it really brings home the old saying a pictures worth a thousand words. Good work.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey thanks. I really wasn't sure about putting some of the services that I offer, but I guess that I could just print some of them on the back. What do you all think? Is it worth it printing on the back? I already printed up about 300 but I can add to the next batch. Thanks for the input.
Old 03-12-2003, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Its looks better. I tried to post an example I did for you but I don't know how to do so. I use Coral Draw #7 and #9. I did this in Word for you. Most people don't have Coral Draw it will run you hundreds of $$$ for it. If you look right on the lawnsite.com page you will see an ad for Magna-Matic. That Ad looks like a two color but its a one color with the letters and design knocked out. Thats what I was talking about before. The Everything Green.com ad has a contrast in colors. The dark green and yellow. The Exmark and Great Dane fonts stand out. The Andy fonts o.k. but if you plan to use it on trucks it will not stand out for a distance. You want it to stand out. Also you want to try and stay away for put down all the things you do on your truck signs. You need the basics Company name # and "maybe"town/State. People will inquire more if interested. Look at The Brickmen Group they do it all. The only word on the trucks Brickmen. Thats when you know you got it made. Keep on working on it I'll try and post some pics
Travis
Old 03-13-2003, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Another try at this. I like this one a lot more. What do you think.

Last edited by leadarrows; 03-13-2003 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Card didn't take try again.
Attached Images

Old 03-14-2003, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The last one looks great.

maybe put ''references available'' on it? i know all my customers ask for references. putting it right on the card lets them know you are established and are proud of your work, and that you're willing to prove it.

just my $.02
Old 03-15-2003, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Member

I like the last one. I think you are on the right track. There was just something about the first one. I do like your name on the card as well as specific services you provide.
Old 03-15-2003, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you really want to give out your cell phone to everyone??? I do not give mine out to any residential accounts. I selectively give it to a few property managers of commercial accounts and let them know that they should only use it during snow storms. Other than that, they can leave a message on the office phone & I'll get back to them in a fashionable time.

Bob
Old 03-16-2003, 01:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Turfdude

I understand where your coming from but I have caller ID and an answering service on the cell and besides when I am working I sweat so much I am afraid I'll rune the phone so I leave it in the truck. I just check the missed calls a few times a day and return the calls at my convenience.
This is what I came up with today. I haven't been able to decide if I like the blue sky effect I'M going for. It dose add the contrast that AGG Lawn Maintenance suggested. I'M not sure if this is what he meant though. This one is different. maybe more specific suggestions would help. Heck its just a card maybe I am fretting it to much.LOL.
I'am enjoying this program but I have found some limitations like the panel color effect I wish I could adjust the white blue fade balance on the top panel.
AGG Lawn Maintenance This Coral Draw how much better is it than Photo Shop that I am using do you know? Is it worth that much more money? I spent a little less than a hundred bucks on this one. Thanks to all who have responded. I plan on having a decision on this by the end of the weekend so I can begin the hunt.LOL
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2003, 12:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well Coral Draw is used by Screen Printing guys. My brother in-law is a screen printer. He does all the prints for my clothing company.
He and I make the designs in Coral Draw. He's a lot better at it. (18 years experience) Myself I started using Coral about 3 years ago. I'm no pro but I can do some things. what I can't do I draw by hand and take it to him to do through Coral Draw.

Travis