Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-21-2014, 03:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I came to the conclusion you really don't have a clue what you are putting down or the actual rate of N you are putting down.
I hope you are not doing this commercially.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The products are intended for corn. We spray it directly on the corn full strength. Also the farmers who are setup for it will knife it into the ground. The sprayers are touch and go. It is easy money. Good money too.

Putting that product on grass is legal. How to go about doing that is another story.

I don't mind your assumptions one bit. I didn't chime in to brag or show off. I know full well what I am using and doing. It is what it does to the turf that is the question. Corn is a grass btw. I'm sure you already know this.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Damn, I wish I could keep my lawns green all year for $3/acre.

He's also only applying about 10.5 lbs of N/acre/app or about .25lbs/1000 of unstabilized N...

Things aren't adding up...

ROFLMAO
Old 01-21-2014, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That's all well and fine, can anyone add to the OP original topic? I don't know that product and he asked about one in particular.

You'll also be happy to know I get 2.5 gal of glyphosate for $13, and 6lb 2,4-d in a 2.5 for $30. The name is always changing but the product always does as it should. Buccaneer today, glophstar tomorrow, glyph-gold the next. I am buying 10 gallons at a time, but to this guy I don't think I am getting a bulk price.

Last edited by twomancrew; 01-21-2014 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Also here is a link to the EXACT product I am using. 30%.
http://agriservices.com/_lib/files/uan.pdf

...and instead of cutting me down if you think you know something that might help me out let me know. That's not some type of ammunition for your I'm a d!ck who think he knows something gun. Are we not here to share and learn?
Old 01-22-2014, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twomancrew View Post
Also here is a link to the EXACT product I am using. 30%.
http://agriservices.com/_lib/files/uan.pdf

...and instead of cutting me down if you think you know something that might help me out let me know. That's not some type of ammunition for your I'm a d!ck who think he knows something gun. Are we not here to share and learn?
OK... the product you first listed is say 11.1 pounds per gal. 32% is only 3.55 lbs of actual N. Turf grass species in my area require .75-1.0 lbs of N per 1000 ft sq per app approx. 4 times per yr. So, your gal of fert would only treat about 3500-4500 ft sq for me. You use 2 gals to treat 40,000 ft sq. About .18 lbs of actual N/1000 ft sq. 43,560 ft sq is an acre. You are spoon feeding the turf which isn't really a bad thing except you are using quick release which perks things up quick but falls off fast.

The first step in making proper applications is familiarity with your specific turf requirements/tolerances, knowing what you are applying as well as when to and how much to apply. You seemed a little fuzzy on a couple of those and some other points.

You have learned that over applying or not using enough carrier with a liquid application can cause burning through personal experience. That's a good thing I suppose...

This tends to happen with the source of N you are using, especially in warmer temps.

So, now we've shared and learned...

Last edited by ted putnam; 01-22-2014 at 12:29 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

So I've got 100 gallons of it left. Should I give it to a farmer and move on to something else like Harness? I hpe you don't think I'm BSn you. It greens a lawn faster, better, longer than any dry product I've run. I use a 50-0-0 dry on paying accounts and apply one 50# bag per acre. I don't do much with it honestly, not many will pay for it as I mow mostly 10+ acre accounts. It says that right on the label for turf grasses one bag/acre, that's why I assume I have it right. I pit that down in the Spring once the ground isn't greasy.

Sorry OP -but I think you're getting your $$ worth from my hijinks?
Old 01-22-2014, 08:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
So I've got 100 gallons of it left. Should I give it to a farmer and move on to something else like Harness? I hpe you don't think I'm BSn you. It greens a lawn faster, better, longer than any dry product I've run. I use a 50-0-0 dry on paying accounts and apply one 50# bag per acre. I don't do much with it honestly, not many will pay for it as I mow mostly 10+ acre accounts. It says that right on the label for turf grasses one bag/acre, that's why I assume I have it right. I pit that down in the Spring once the ground isn't greasy.

Now you are saying you put down dry in the spring where before it was spraying.
Why would you quit using a product if you can keep grass green all year with one app for $3.00 an acre?
Old 01-22-2014, 08:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=ted putnam;4941369]Damn, I wish I could keep my lawns green all year for $3/acre.

He's also only applying about 10.5 lbs of N/acre/app or about .25lbs/1000 of unstabilized N...

Things aren't adding up...

ROFLMAO [/QUOTE

Me too
Old 01-22-2014, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

Got any labels or msds or info on this?