Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-20-2014, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNB Construction View Post
Ya, I can get one of the new 75-1's with a cab for $54,275. Tempting, but I really want to pay cash and be done with it.
Yeah for the price difference I would also go with a new machine. Your dealer should be able to do better on pricing especially if its a left over tier 3, I didn't pay much more than that for my tier 4 SVL90 with all options. Its worth asking.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNB Construction View Post
Ya, I can get one of the new 75-1's with a cab for $54,275. Tempting, but I really want to pay cash and be done with it.
That's a little high.

Its worth the warranty and piece of mind. Plus it sounds like you're already familiar with them
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-21-2014, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I was at the release of the Alpha series machines in AZ in 2011, they had a Kubota 75 on hand to compare the CASE CTL's against. There was no comparison between the 75 and 320 in AZ. I have not run a 75 since (it was a rental unit from a local rental store), the 90 would likely be a better comparison (they did not have one there). If the choice was mine between paying 50K for new Kubota 75 and a lightly used TR320 for 39K, its not even a serious discussion.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Just for comparison sake how much is a new 320

And of course it out performed the Kubota. It was at a case event lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-21-2014, 01:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The price depends on how its loaded. I paid around 50K for my 320.

It was a CASE event. However the Kubota and all the other competitive machines are there and you jump from one to the other. Its totally up to you what you do with it. So its not like CASE had anything to do with it other than they arranged for the machines to be there. The Kubota 75 does not match up to the 320 spec wise. The 90 would match better on paper. Personally I was unimpressed with the Kubota, but I do have a bias, 17k hours in a certain brand will do that. I was expecting a lot more out of the Kubota than what I experienced. It could just be that my expectations for the machine did not match some intangible expectation of what I thought they would come to market with. Obviously there are guys that like the Kubota, my experience left me unimpressed with anything about the machine.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey ksss, I'm interested in the mods you did for the lift cylinders. Can you tell me more about it?
Old 01-25-2014, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

KSSS, one more question. How do I check for codes and what is "JOYNU" that I heard you and another forum user talk about on HEF?

I had to reschedule the machine check out until tomorrow afternoon. The guy with the Case is on a ranch and has areas available for me to dig and get a feel for the machine. I just finished three days grading black clay and rocky sandstone on two separate jobs with the Kubota that's available for purchase, so the "feel" is fresh in my mind.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you move the control handles before releasing the brake, you may see that. It means the joys sticks are not in the neutral setting. That was related to bad joy sticks, which likely by now have been replaced. It will still happen if you move the sticks, but you just don't touch handles and its not an issue. The problem before was the code would not clear with the bad run of joy sticks.

I don't know if you can access the computer to see what codes have been set or not. They will show up at the time they go off, but I don't know if you can see them without hooking the machine to a laptop. Honestly I have never tried or needed to access the codes.

As to the feel of the EH. The latest update is much better for the majority of people it seems. I have not readjusted mine since the EZ EH update, I need to pick up the speed again. You should see a sticker on the console indicating the machine has EZ EH update. If it does not, know that the machine is do to have the update, its free and will make the machine much less touchy if you so desire. The power and ability of the machine will be the same, but if it does not have the update, just know that the machine can be made to be more easily controlled once the update is completed.

Old 01-26-2014, 12:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ksss- do you know how to adjust the controls through the machine. I was told that it can be done through the instrument panel. Service guy was supposed to show me when he replaced the joysticks but I had to leave site so I missed out. My book behind the seat doesn't tell me how to either. It seems sometimes the loader arms take awhile to come down all the way , and I would like to speed that up.

Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-26-2014, 01:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Do you have the EZ EH Update? If you do, they should have given you a laminated double sided sheet with the instructions on it. If you don't have it, I can scan a copy to you, but I think the dealers are supposed to provide that when they do the update. Let me know and I will make sure you get a copy of the instructions. Pretty simple with the EZ EH update.

I