Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-26-2014, 03:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
Do you have the EZ EH Update? If you do, they should have given you a laminated double sided sheet with the instructions on it. If you don't have it, I can scan a copy to you, but I think the dealers are supposed to provide that when they do the update. Let me know and I will make sure you get a copy of the instructions. Pretty simple with the EZ EH update.

I
Not sure or not if I got the EZ update. It was done in October. New joysticks installed, and the program updated . Would you mind scanning it for me? Thank you kindly
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-26-2014, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you have the EZ update it should have a sticker on the console indicating so. The Cheat sheet I have is for that update. Without having the update it wont mean much. I just got this update in Decemember. You could call your service manager with your PIN to confirm whether you have it or not. If you have it and you did not get the cheat sheet (and they did not sticker the machine to avoid confusion) I will scan it, and send it to you.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

When I got to go to Tomahawk they had all the track loaders(270, 320 & 380) with E/H and I liked how they performed but I still have not ran a wheel machine that I like yet with E/H (*have not ran a Case with the latest updates). I spent some time in the little one, 270 and really liked it.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I really liked that machine as well. I bought my 320 based on how well the 270 performed, since I never had a chance to run an actually 320 until it showed up off my order. If you get a chance run a wheeled machine with the EZ EH upgrade (again you will see the EZ sticker on the console) and see what you think.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well, its a done deal and the loader is mine. I ran the Case for awhile and I've got to say that I really like the feel of the unit as a whole and the way the joysticks respond. Ksss is right, there is no comparison between the Case and Kubota when it comes to interior comfort, vision out the sides, to the bucket corners and especially out the back. I won't make any judgement on performance until I run it on the job. As an added bonus, for less than the asking price the seller threw in a 20' 14k tag trailer too.

The seller did have the JOYNU issue which has been addressed and repaired. I'll take it to the dealer for servicing (this time) and have them check everything out including any available updates.

">
Old 01-26-2014, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You got the trailer and the machine for less than the asking price? Good day to be you! Looks like the loader does not have ride control. Its nice to have, but I don't think its as critical as it is on a wheeled machine. Looks to be in great shape. Well played!

Old 01-26-2014, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Member

I have had the same JOYNU show up on my 2011 sv185. I don't believe that the joysticks have been replaced, as I bought it from the original owner with 140 hours. I have had it in once for an update that I had to pay for, but that was in spring of 2013. Is the EZ EH update and joysticks a warranty issue? If it is, how long does it take?
Old 01-26-2014, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yes it should be free and I don't know how long it takes, but its all software I believe. It cant take that long.

Old 01-26-2014, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
You got the trailer and the machine for less than the asking price? Good day to be you! Looks like the loader does not have ride control. Its nice to have, but I don't think its as critical as it is on a wheeled machine. Looks to be in great shape. Well played!
Thanks! And thanks for the info as well. It really helped in my decision.

It does have ride control and a Jensen radio to boot. No air seat though. This is a one owner / one operator machine, used for cleaning up after pressure washing equipment in the mud pits of the local oil / gas fields. Its never cut grade, or anything else for that matter. It has the original bucket with no cutting edge and almost zero wear on the bucket. He said he made a hasty decision when he bought it and it was way overkill for what he needed.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Usually there is a ride control sticker on the lift cylinders.

Last edited by ksss; 01-26-2014 at 09:24 PM.