Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-27-2014, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
Usually there is a ride control sticker on the lift cylinders.
Yep, its on the other side of the machine.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Yes it should be free and I don't know how long it takes, but its all software I believe. It cant take that long.
Thanks! I'll call the dealer before it comes back from it's snowplowing home.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Usually there is a ride control sticker on the lift cylinders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNB Construction View Post
Well, its a done deal and the loader is mine. I ran the Case for awhile and I've got to say that I really like the feel of the unit as a whole and the way the joysticks respond. Ksss is right, there is no comparison between the Case and Kubota when it comes to interior comfort, vision out the sides, to the bucket corners and especially out the back. I won't make any judgement on performance until I run it on the job. As an added bonus, for less than the asking price the seller threw in a 20' 14k tag trailer too.

The seller did have the JOYNU issue which has been addressed and repaired. I'll take it to the dealer for servicing (this time) and have them check everything out including any available updates.

">

You got a nice deal on that machine, especially with a trailer to boot. The tracks look great for the hours, at least the pads, and the bucket is barely scratched. I have around 1,100 hours on mine now. I've had several repairs that I shouldn't have had to mess with for the hours (3 idlers and some O rings on hoses that can't be reached w/o pulling something major off-bad engineering). I had the new joysticks and EZ EH update just recently. I had several return trips to the dealer previous for electrical issues...mostly in the right joystick and in the aux. hyd. controls. Overall I'm happy with the purchase as long as I have a nice run of little to no repairs.

I think you'll be happy with the performance. I run mine in all conditions and it does very well and the visibility is great, IMO. I do a lot of material lift and carry, and one of it's stronger points is being able to dump/lift the hydraulics while moving the machine, and not bogg down on power.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know if its do to the EH but this the first machine that I have found that you move the drive, run the hydraulics and not have it bog down. I can run the drum on my Preparator, dump it and the drum stays doesn't stop or slow, don't know what they did to make that happen buts its nice.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ksss, I thought that I read somewhere that you could change the sensitivity of the joysticks, but for the life of me I can't remember where I saw it. I'd like to speed them up. Any help?

After working with the TR for the first time today, I saw a slight leak from the back of one of the finals. I'm hoping its not too big of a deal. Looks like we've got rain coming this next week, so I need to get it in to the dealer to check things out.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Does it have the EZ EH update?

Old 01-31-2014, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The previous owner doesn't know what updates were done in November, just that it was taken in for service and two updates were performed. There is no sticker on the console, so I don't know. I was just looking in the owners manual and found the "setting controllability for EH" page.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Haha, glad I found that page, I thought I was going crazy.

After running the TR today, I have to say that CASE either designed the Alpha Series for the owner/operator or a hired operator that the owner never wants to quit. It's very comfortable all day.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If the manual works to set it, than you don't have that update. As to the comfort, and you don't even have the heated/air seat! Its an easy machine to spend all day in. I like the power of the machine, good break out. I have thought about getting the weight kit for it, just to put a bit more weight on the ground. Even at my elevations, I seldom power out on a hard push, it will lose traction before it loses power.

Old 02-09-2014, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well. I'm a little t'd off. I ran this machine on the seller's property fro an hour or so. Everything looked fine. Took it home and ran if for an hour or so on my dirt pile. As I mentioned before, it had a very slight gear oil leak (just a damp spot really) coming from behind the sprocket. It's been raining or snowing since, so I really haven't been able to do too much as far as work goes. After working it a little and sitting for the last week or so, it still had no more that a damp spot back there. Today, I used the TR with the new 4n1 to cleanup some big tree limbs I chainsawed up, and the gear oil is now leaking out pretty bad. Looks like a trip to the dealer. I'm hoping for the best.