Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-20-2014, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Isuzu NPR question

After reading through some old/ current threads already, it seems like getting an NPR is a pretty good option. I am in a tough spot right now with my current truck (F350 6.4 Diesel) it has been in and out of the shop non-stop. Needed a rebuilt engine at 50k miles. I went with the diesel because I wanted reliability. After all the problems with this truck I have had enough.

I called some Isuzu dealers and got different answers to my question. I wanted to get an NPR, but I need to fit (2) 72" mowers and (1) 60". One gentleman I spoke with said 14ft. flat w/ a 4ft. dove was the max I SHOULD go because of the issue of bottoming out on steep driveways (I have a few). Another guy said I could get 18ft. flat with 4ft. dove and it shouldn't be a problem? To those that have an NPR, do you fit 3 ZTRs like mine or is getting a 18ft flat a bad idea?
Old 01-20-2014, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Member

And I need it to be a crewcab
Old 01-20-2014, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Dude that thing is going to be 100 feet long!!! But seriously, you'll have to measure your riders and see the length. I carry two laser zs, a 21" and a 36" and it's pretty packed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-20-2014, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

What size was your F350.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If you already have a trailer set up that you are using and like then maybe its just time for a new truck. The Isuzu trucks have their benefits but they are pricey and are very sparse . My biggest pet pev with them are the lack of safety features they have. No air airbags or anything , only a seatbelt. Over seas they have all the the safety equipment in them but the models they sell here in the US do not.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmarkking View Post
Dude that thing is going to be 100 feet long!!! But seriously, you'll have to measure your riders and see the length. I carry two laser zs, a 21" and a 36" and it's pretty packed.
Posted via Mobile Device
I am more worried about the back end bottoming out. The last thing I need is an expensive repair to a driveway!
Old 01-20-2014, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
If you already have a trailer set up that you are using and like then maybe its just time for a new truck. The Isuzu trucks have their benefits but they are pricey and are very sparse . My biggest pet pev with them are the lack of safety features they have. No air airbags or anything , only a seatbelt. Over seas they have all the the safety equipment in them but the models they sell here in the US do not.
Hey Marek thanks for the reply. I have been going back and forth about NPR vs. another truck (never another Ford btw). I do have a 24ft enclosed trailer that I have been using. However, I like the thought of doing without the trailer for maintenance purposes (brakes, new tires every year, brake lights, etc.) I didn't know about the lack of safety features in them. Do you have a preference on trucks?
Old 01-20-2014, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

You could look into one of the super lawn trucks with the two-piece ramp it doesn't have to dovetail.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Brandon. I will check it out.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasscutter24 View Post
I am more worried about the back end bottoming out. The last thing I need is an expensive repair to a driveway!
Park on the street
Posted via Mobile Device