Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-22-2014, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Member

New Start

Hello everyone been gone a couple months still trying to work things out. Finally came to the conclusion that im just going to save and buy good equipment instead of trying to start out with very used stuff. I recently bought my cousins 2004 Chevy 5 speed 74k which I love buying another 6x12 trailer in a couple weeks then going to save this year and decide on a z turn. got everything else trimmer, blower and so on and ill be ready to roll I cant be more excited to start working on my own being my own boss. and working in the landscaping industry which I love. Still keeping the business name Top Quality Lawn Care
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2014, 01:29 AM
LawnSite Member

With a assumed name like "top quality" your costumers definitely deserve just that. ( meaning top equipment, top quality, top service. ect ) have you thought of a stander or hydro walk behind ?
Old 01-23-2014, 01:30 AM
LawnSite Member

BEAUTIFUL truck btw!
Old 01-23-2014, 01:31 AM
LawnSite Member

also not saying a zeroturn wont do just that I am just agreeing with you by staying stay way from someones junk!
Old 01-23-2014, 07:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Yeah I actually was going about the route of getting a 36" exmark or so this summer and a zturn to kill two birds with one stone incase I need one or the other. Thanks for the compliment bud. Going to start mowing next season.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-23-2014, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

New Start

Most companies are offering 0% financing for 5 years. Why not go that way?

Doesn't matter what kind of equipment you run as long as you get the job done correctly and up to par.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm doing that I don't see why not its 48 months with 0% I looked into one and payments was going to be about a 100 a month. Gonna buy me a trailer and a decent walk behind then finance me a new zero turn
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-23-2014, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Id buy used before I had a "lawn mower payment"
Old 01-23-2014, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have no qualms about an equipment payment. Good debt will make you money, and at 0% there is no reason not to. It doesnt cost you anything, you have more liquid assets on hand, and you have a new reliable mower with a warranty and dealer support. If you buy used and the mower craps out on you, the dealer wont be giving you a loaner. Buy a new mower from them, and they will take care of you in any way possible. Just make sure the equipment is insured so that if it stolen, the loan will be paid off.

Two schools of thought on financing a mower. Some insist on cash payments for everything. Others will take advantage of free money to make more money. For instance, drop 10k cash on a mower and you own it, but your account is 10k lighter. Finance it at 0% and put that 10k in a CD or other financial vehicle with garanteed returns and make money on the 10k while the mower pays for its self.

Some people are scared of debt at all costs, others welcome good debt and leverage it properly to make more money or some other benefit. I use a Chase Ink business credit card for ALL purchases and some months I can have a bill with a few thousand in "debt" while the cash is in the bank. Pay it off in full, and reap the rewards of the card like free vacations, flights, even statement credits and end up getting your new back back blower or trimmer for free.

Either way isn't wrong. Different strokes for different folks. But making your money work for you is alot better than working for your money.

Last edited by TuffTurfLawnCare; 01-23-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice truck. I love regular cab trucks with a leveling kit or small lift. Looks awesome. Sounds like you've got it figured it out. Good luck in your decision. Looking good.