Advanced Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Thread Tools   Display Modes
Old 07-26-2014, 04:34 AM
JF660R's Avatar
JF660R JF660R is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SW MO
Posts: 251
Originally Posted by GreenI.A. View Post
States differ so much, be careful with your advise from people out of your area. Here if you get in an accident delivering pizza in your personal vehicle and your auto insurance finds out they can deny the claim and also the claim of any other vehicles/property you damaged. The driver would then have to submit to pizza huts insurance for damages. Similarly if you're injured in that accident, your insurance won't cover it here, they will pay per your policy but will then go after pizza huts gl for reimbursement. I can't see my earlier post so I don't know if I posted the link up there, but do a search of my posts for the term "Lexus" I've posted the story as a warning here a few times. Look for one of the older posts,reading it should convince most people to be 100% sure they are properly covered if using a personal vehicle for business

Here you can also transfer any property from your personal ownership to the company without paying a second sales tax. You just have to do the transaction within 6 months of establishing the llc

One big thing you will see different between the post I quoted and all mine on this subject, is I am sure to constantly say "here", the above poster speaks generally as the laws and/or regulations are the same across the country.
How does one find out all this info for their particular state?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:08 AM
easy-lift guy's Avatar
easy-lift guy easy-lift guy is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Venice, FL. USA
Posts: 3,345
Contact your state insurance commissioner or your local insurance agent. Both should have all the answers you seek.
easy-lift guy
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:55 AM
GreenI.A.'s Avatar
GreenI.A. GreenI.A. is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North East
Posts: 2,132
Originally Posted by JF660R View Post
How does one find out all this info for their particular state?
Posted via Mobile Device

For knowing if your personal insurance will cover commercial use? I would have the insurance company send you in writing that they will cover it. Here it is also a registration issue as well though.

As far as transferring ownership/title from personal to business with out paying a second sales tax? I don't know where to tell you to look for that. I had herd about it and searched the states different sites and found nothing is I figured it was just a rumor. Then when I went to swap the registration to the business name, the lady at the registry told me I didn't have to pay the sales tax since my business was under 6 months old. She didn't have the paperwork but new how to put it through. If I was to try to grind more info here in MA I would check further with the Div of Issurance or the Sec of State's Corporation Division
Why do people not respect us as they do other tradesmen? Because every Tom, Dick, and Harry doesn't think he can be a plumber or electrician!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Layout Style:

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Grand View Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:17 PM.

Page generated in 0.05753 seconds with 8 queries