Register free!

Old 01-25-2014, 05:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I recommend the zenesis II. If you need the absolute correct answer go to a few local granite shops and ask what they are running on there bridge saws. Hope this helps...
Old 01-25-2014, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

No I won't deal with a-rod sales associates. If a salesman really believed in the product let them give you one to try for free. If it's so good you'll be a customer for life. I don't buy equipment without a demo. Even the new 14" chainsaw last Spring, and I dumped the echo and got the Stihl because of the demo. Happy camper.

On diamond wheels- check with a sales rep if you are using the right grade and density for what you are cutting and for the machine running it. If you are going through them fast something is wrong.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLewis View Post
Right. I did. And I was. That's why I asked.

Thanks for looking into it more for me. I appreciate it.

here ya go!
Name:  V__032D.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  69.8 KB
Name:  V__2CA0.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  55.2 KB
Attached Images

Last edited by gumbylawncare; 01-28-2014 at 03:09 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Do a search on my user name and I have either a thread or a post about diamond blade costs.

Diamond blades are like those deer finder devices for cars. No one really knows how well they work!

So I'm a blade manufacturer. Hay, all I gotta do is put some cool looking cuts in the blade disk like the dirt bike manufacturers do with the disk brakes and give it a cool sounding name and they WILL BUY!

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:31 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbylawncare View Post
How much is this blade?

It is identical to the blade that my supplier sells for $80.00. The only difference is the disk has cool looking holes drilled in it. Everything else is the same.

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
Old 01-28-2014, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

The cool holes are to cool the blade down, but you already knew that from dirt bikes
Old 01-28-2014, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
The cool holes are to cool the blade down, but you already knew that from dirt bikes
Right. But brake disks are not cooled with water

A close friend of mine was the President of a company here in MD that manufacturers Paver Saws. Years ago They did a test on the longevity of diamond blades that are water cooled vs blades that are not water cooled.

Of course the water cooled blades lasted longer. But the duration was not by a large enough margin to do anything with.

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-1 belt
Old 01-28-2014, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Member

DVS, if you look at the segment close up, the diamonds are aligned in a pattern. It is new and proprietary. Those blades are very expensive, but like all new technology will come down in time. Very few people make and/or sell them (we do not), but they are interesting and new.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:56 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by latux87 View Post
DVS, if you look at the segment close up, the diamonds are aligned in a pattern. It is new and proprietary. Those blades are very expensive, but like all new technology will come down in time. Very few people make and/or sell them (we do not), but they are interesting and new.
OK?

So lets dissect the pricing.

How much is said blade?

If it's $160.00 or more - then I expect it to cut 100% or more linear feet of pavers.

If that $160.00 blade only cuts 25-50% more linear feet than my $80.00 blade - then the $80 blade is still a better buy.

See, not everyone thinks in terms of overall linear footage. (And yes, I realize different pavers and different block, and concrete will do different things to the blade.) Many contractors have never thought about the math - Example - the $80 blade could cut 1500 linear feet of Belgards Dublin Cobble. The $160 blade can cut 2000 linear feet of Belgards Dublin Cobble. The $160 blade is 100% more(in cost).......but it's NOT harvesting 100% more linear feet of cutting. The numbers don't justify the expense. And that's how a contractor should evaluate their purchasing decision.

I was buying $200 blades (or maybe they were $175, cant remember). Higher cost. So I thought I was getting the best. But that wasn't the case. You can't look at price. You have to look at linear footage.

It's like new tires, New tires typically always perform better than the old tires with 50,000 miles on them. People will buy new tires and say "these are the absolute best". That's cause they're comparing them to the tires with 50,000 miles!

Its like the grocery store. Lets use paper towers. The price tag will break down the cost of the paper towels down per square inch. Do you buy the paper towels that cost $0.08 per sq in or do you buy the paper towels that cost $0.05 per square inch?

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-1 belt

Last edited by DVS Hardscaper; 01-28-2014 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
Right. But brake disks are not cooled with water

A close friend of mine was the President of a company here in MD that manufacturers Paver Saws. Years ago They did a test on the longevity of diamond blades that are water cooled vs blades that are not water cooled.

Of course the water cooled blades lasted longer. But the duration was not by a large enough margin to do anything with.
Correct, but since i was having trouble warping conventional blades cutting dry i switched to the drilled ones and thry havent warped yet. 90% dry and ten wet.

The holes cool with air too

Still use the cheapo conventional blades cutting wet for your reasons above