Register free!


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #61  
Old 02-06-2014, 02:28 PM
1idejim's Avatar
1idejim 1idejim is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: State of Jefferson
Posts: 7,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
be careful what you wish for

I'm going to revisit the unanswered question I posed about a Pipe Piper I found on eBay, that I was sure was going to have possible operation issues. The question was, "What's wrong with this machine, compared to it's factory-original configuration?"




Without searching your enormous stockpile of posts I would say that it would be one of the following;
1) Phasor input valve
2) Flux capacitor
3) Blinker fluid level indicator
4) Throttle bearing








the memory-jogging picture was this



I'll start the Jeopardy clock rolling.......
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 02-06-2014, 02:30 PM
1idejim's Avatar
1idejim 1idejim is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: State of Jefferson
Posts: 7,035
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 02-07-2014, 12:29 PM
Sprinkus's Avatar
Sprinkus Sprinkus is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,847
Wow, that trencher is miles above the old, all mechanical, C-99 trenchers that I used to use. I'm sure I lost a lot of hearing having to stick my head by the muffler to reach the digging chain locking hub. The hand crank for raising and lowering the boom was great for holding on to when you had to stand on the trencher to get the digging chain to actually penetrate the dense clay soil out here.

Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 02-07-2014, 04:12 PM
irritation's Avatar
irritation irritation is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkus View Post
The hand crank for raising and lowering the boom was great for holding on to when you had to stand on the trencher to get the digging chain to actually penetrate the dense clay soil out here.
Wow, not a good idea...

http://www.epi.hss.state.ak.us/injur...cs/98ak023.htm
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 02-07-2014, 06:19 PM
greenmonster304's Avatar
greenmonster304 greenmonster304 is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: You Know
Posts: 2,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
be careful what you wish for

I'm going to revisit the unanswered question I posed about a Pipe Piper I found on eBay, that I was sure was going to have possible operation issues. The question was, "What's wrong with this machine, compared to it's factory-original configuration?"











the memory-jogging picture was this



I'll start the Jeopardy clock rolling.......
They re-powered it with too small of an engine. Should be a 12-15 hp I would reckon.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 02-07-2014, 06:27 PM
irritation's Avatar
irritation irritation is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,637


The right rear wheel is mounted incorrectly.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 02-07-2014, 07:28 PM
irritation's Avatar
irritation irritation is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,637


The vented fuel cap leaks on muffler and turf.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 02-07-2014, 09:59 PM
Wet_Boots's Avatar
Wet_Boots Wet_Boots is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: metro NYC
Posts: 40,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by irritation View Post


The vented fuel cap leaks on muffler and turf.
Winner winner, chicken dinner. The original configuration relocates the fuel tank to a bracket that mounts atop and forward of the engine, with a slight backwards lean. The bracket also supports a heat shield that surrounds the muffler, which protects the re-routed fuel line. Any drips fall clear of the muffler.

Even then, the tank is labeled with a warning not to fill the tank over 3/4 full.

Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 02-07-2014, 10:06 PM
1idejim's Avatar
1idejim 1idejim is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: State of Jefferson
Posts: 7,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
Winner winner, chicken dinner. The original configuration relocates the fuel tank to a bracket that mounts atop and forward of the engine, with a slight backwards lean. The bracket also supports a heat shield that surrounds the muffler, which protects the re-routed fuel line. Any drips fall clear of the muffler.

Even then, the tank is labeled with a warning not to fill the tank over 3/4 full.

I knew that
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 02-07-2014, 10:28 PM
irritation's Avatar
irritation irritation is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
Winner winner, chicken dinner.
Can I substitute the chicken dinner for a nos retro clock?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:28 PM.

Page generated in 0.08391 seconds with 8 queries