Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-28-2014, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

If you are trying to save money, I'd buy a used one from a rental fleet and put new teeth on it. They are built stout.. at least the one's I've seen. The cylinders are protected pretty well and probably don't get as much use as a grapple bucket. I'm jealous. Though I often have to work in rock, when I'm not, I'd love to have a CTL and put a 4n1 on it for dirt and pond work.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 01-28-2014, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDogSVC View Post
If you are trying to save money, I'd buy a used one from a rental fleet and put new teeth on it. They are built stout.. at least the one's I've seen. The cylinders are protected pretty well and probably don't get as much use as a grapple bucket. I'm jealous. Though I often have to work in rock, when I'm not, I'd love to have a CTL and put a 4n1 on it for dirt and pond work.
I've been searching a ton for used ones too. I did find a nice used 80" Bobcat model for a good price. Do you know if the cylinders on yours are 2" or 2.5" bore?
Old 01-28-2014, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Yellow, I am living my dream. I got sidetracked from excavation back in the early 80's and ended up doing concrete for 30+ years. After I moved here I decided to do what I always wanted to do...run equipment. I'm truly blessed and I love living in Texas. Moving here was one of the best decisions I ever made.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:47 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I will have to check on the cylinders. I have the 60" circa 2005 model. It is certainly heavy built with heavy hinges and I like how the cylinders are protected.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 01-29-2014, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Well, I'm ordering an 80" w/ weld-on teeth from High Rock SS http://www.highrockskidsteerattachme...on-bucket.html. It's heavier duty than Bradco which is OEM for NH, CASE and Kubota. Price delivered is $2,474. Excellent prices and ready for three day shipping. Mark, the owner, is very confident in his product and seems real easy to deal with.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have the Bradco tooth bucket for my 84". Its more of a pain putting on and taking off than you would think. Pretty effective though. I like the Rezloh, always have. It will not dig with tooth bar, but it digs well and you can still back drag flat with it. I know Stuve here does not care for it, so not everyone thinks is as good as I do. I think its as good of a compromise as you will find. I also have a BC scarifire that I use to break the ground up, that might be an option as well. Pretty handy attachment and they are pretty cheap used.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
I have the Bradco tooth bucket for my 84". Its more of a pain putting on and taking off than you would think. Pretty effective though. I like the Rezloh, always have. It will not dig with tooth bar, but it digs well and you can still back drag flat with it. I know Stuve here does not care for it, so not everyone thinks is as good as I do. I think its as good of a compromise as you will find. I also have a BC scarifire that I use to break the ground up, that might be an option as well. Pretty handy attachment and they are pretty cheap used.
I guess my issue with the Rezloh is all the hype they gave it. I just feel it was disappointing and expected more 'performance' with it for what they cost. I still have that bucket but hardly ever use it, if anyone would want it? It's on the 80" heavy duty extended lip Case bucket.

That 4n1 bucket JNB found would be awesome, too bad it's so far away.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Member

KSSS - Do you find it hard to grab the bucket with the quick attach? I noticed that with the Bradco on my GN trailer, it's really hard to get the QA under the top plate. It didn't help that Kubota's loader brace / step is perfectly inline with the QA plate.

Stuve - Are you referring to the Bradco? The paint's not even worn off of that one yet.

My High Rock bucket should be here Monday.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNB Construction View Post
KSSS - Do you find it hard to grab the bucket with the quick attach? I noticed that with the Bradco on my GN trailer, it's really hard to get the QA under the top plate. It didn't help that Kubota's loader brace / step is perfectly inline with the QA plate.

Stuve - Are you referring to the Bradco? The paint's not even worn off of that one yet.

My High Rock bucket should be here Monday.
You had found a 84" New Holland/Bradco 4n1 bucket? I thought that was an attractive price.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
You had found a 84" New Holland/Bradco 4n1 bucket? I thought that was an attractive price.
Ya, it looked pretty good, and they still have it. Hey...I could get it as far as Waterloo Iowa in the next couple of weeks.