Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-04-2014, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you. Is this similar to the one you're talking about? http://www.skidloadersource.com/brad...nt-152831.aspx
Old 02-05-2014, 12:39 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

yep that's it

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I have a hose saver on my mulcher hoses. it works okay. I'd get heavier next time so that you really have to struggle to pull the lines down.

With my 4 n 1, i've had the hoses rubbing a little on the bottom of the quick attach. The hoses are short but they still loop down and rub.

I noticed the bucket doesn't have guards over the cylinders. From someone who "bumped" into the cylinders trying to hook up once, take extra care when hooking up. Luckily, I only bent a fitting and now I take my time.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 02-05-2014, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks. I'll have to be careful then. I'd weld on guards, but I really don't want any more places for our wonderful black death clay to pack.

Does your machine have the welded hoops on the loader arm to run the hoses through?
Old 02-05-2014, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Lines for a mulcher are a lot heavier than are ones for a 4n1. I think you will be fine.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Did you order the clamp sized for the actual hose size, or should I oversize for hose shielding? I'm thinking hose size, but I'm not sure.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNB Construction View Post
Did you order the clamp sized for the actual hose size, or should I oversize for hose shielding? I'm thinking hose size, but I'm not sure.
Never mind, I figured it out. My local Kubota dealer has it ordered.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:27 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNB Construction View Post
Thanks. I'll have to be careful then. I'd weld on guards, but I really don't want any more places for our wonderful black death clay to pack.

Does your machine have the welded hoops on the loader arm to run the hoses through?
I have a removable ring that holds the hoses. It has a pin that holds it to a mount on the loader arm. I don't like it because the pin gets bent or can come out but it does hold the hoses away from tires and other sharp edges.

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 03-27-2014, 04:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Product Update. No bashing here, just the plain and simple truth.

I was going to let this go unless someone asked, but I couldn't do that since there are a lot of helpful guys here. Maybe my experience will help others make a decision when it comes to shelling out you're hard earned cash.

While the owner of the company was great to deal with, I can't suggest them as a source for attachments. You indeed get what you pay for.

Two things raised their ugly head when I finally got the chance to use the bucket for the first time. There was a major gap in the left side QA plate and a little smaller one on the right. Up and down and QA face to face. Not a little "lets shim it up" gap either...we're talking a bunch! Also, the clam wouldn't stay even remotely closed with the bucket in the dump position. The weight of the clam was too much for the cylinder. All of these flaws together made for a very heavy rattletrap of a bucket. I was informed that I must have accidentally been sent a "second". He apologized and said that their quality control department should have caught it. The bucket was returned and another sent out.

The second bucket (no pun intended, cuz I ain't laughin') was far worse than the first! The jaws weren't lined up at all with a 7/8" daylight gap on one side. The clam and dozer cutting edges were way off, closed on one end but 1/2" apart on the other as well. The fitment of the QA plate was once again horrendous.

When I contacted the owner he related that he hadn't actually inspected the bucket before it was sent out and that I must have accidentally been sent a "second" again! I'm thinking...you already sent out a flawed bucket and have an unhappy customer...and you don't even check it out first? Quality control my butt!

The owner related in another email that neither bucket should have been sent out to me...then said that I would have to pay for the return of both buckets! My response was NO FLIPPIN' WAY!

So I ended up only being out the shipping on the original bucket and finally got my check in the mail today.

What I don't get, is that I told him that I had started threads here and on another forum. You think he would have made sure that (at least) the second bucket was right! I'm just figuring that he doesn't care. :confused3:

I'd post pics, but not being able to post directly from my computer on this site makes it a PITA.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Post the name of the company, the owner's name, etc., and let him explain why you got sent two buckets that were not remotely up a contractor's standards and then got stuck paying to figure out they didn't inspect them.

Here's one for ya;
I bought a trailer almost 2 years ago. Just found out, after crawling under it, that it didn't have the right axles under it! I contacted the sales guys.. they sucked but put me in touch with the local factory and the guy in charge there immediately said he would take care of it. I dropped it off, got it back 2.5 days later, and it has new axles and a big apology for quality control missing it. They said they care of their problems and they did. I am happy to mention their name.. Southwest Trailers. They earned my respect and trust because EVERYONE makes mistakes but it takes a solid company to stand behind their products... SO POST THE NAME AGAIN in bold and get their attention.

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing