Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-29-2014, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Member

I understand (somewhat) not wanting to post pics of your work for fear someone may borrow them, but a picture of a wrapped truck or trailer would do little good for another business unless both happened to share the same name. Two pages of replies and not a single picture?

Why have a forum section for pictures , and why post in or share in this section it if you are that worried? Anyone have pics or input relating to wrapped trucks and trailers?

thanks
Old 01-30-2014, 07:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Mony View Post
I understand (somewhat) not wanting to post pics of your work for fear someone may borrow them, but a picture of a wrapped truck or trailer would do little good for another business unless both happened to share the same name. Two pages of replies and not a single picture?

Why have a forum section for pictures , and why post in or share in this section it if you are that worried? Anyone have pics or input relating to wrapped trucks and trailers?

thanks
I told you what to expect cost wise. If that wasn't helpful enough, I'll PM mod and ask him to delete that post. Ultimately posting pics is my decision. Posting after that decision questioning it is really just silly.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-30-2014, 07:14 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML View Post
Thank you. Now to sound even more dumb is what your saying that these copied images basically give your original images and website less priority during a internet search or in fact can give someone else's site a priority when it should of been yours?
Exactly. I've seen LCOs have content stolen from another local company and the stolen content outrank the original.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-30-2014, 07:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
Exactly. I've seen LCOs have content stolen from another local company and the stolen content outrank the original.
Posted via Mobile Device
Well that I did not know thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-30-2014, 07:47 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
I understand (somewhat) not wanting to post pics of your work for fear someone may borrow them, but a picture of a wrapped truck or trailer would do little good for another business unless both happened to share the same name.
Because it's also an identifier of your business and a gateway to additional intellectual property being stolen? I deal with stolen IP on a weekly basis, with some of it being "member on member" crime. It's not remotely unfathomable.

Quote:
Two pages of replies and not a single picture?
You opened the post by saying you couldn't find any threads. There are several, however, most are only of the mock-ups and, rarely, ever of the finished variety (by my recollection). Either they choose not to follow up and post the pics, or they just like to dream.

These two links may help you:

Lawnsite Threads:
https://www.google.com/search?q=site...com+truck+wrap

Google Image Search of "lawn care truck wraps"
https://www.google.com/search?safe=o...re+truck+wraps
Old 01-30-2014, 01:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efficiency View Post
I told you what to expect cost wise. If that wasn't helpful enough, I'll PM mod and ask him to delete that post. Ultimately posting pics is my decision. Posting after that decision questioning it is really just silly.
Posted via Mobile Device
My post wasnt directed at you, and I said thanks for adding the price. It was directed at the rest of the banter not related to truck or trailer wraps.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
Because it's also an identifier of your business and a gateway to additional intellectual property being stolen? I deal with stolen IP on a weekly basis, with some of it being "member on member" crime. It's not remotely unfathomable.

You opened the post by saying you couldn't find any threads. There are several, however, most are only of the mock-ups and, rarely, ever of the finished variety (by my recollection). Either they choose not to follow up and post the pics, or they just like to dream.

These two links may help you:

Lawnsite Threads:
https://www.google.com/search?q=site...com+truck+wrap

Google Image Search of "lawn care truck wraps"
https://www.google.com/search?safe=o...re+truck+wraps
I did search, but as you mentioned, I could not find anything other than scattered mock ups and a few wraps here and there.

I figured one thread to condense them would be great, and was also hoping for some feedback regarding the actual wraps (which one person out of all these responses provided)

You make valid points, but I figured the pictures section on lawnsite would be the best avenue for some feedback. Again, there would be no need for a pictures section if everyone was solely worried about people stealing pics of their works and or equipment, so hopefully a few people decide to share. If not, thats their choice...which is fine. Even some pricing and durability feedback and maybe some input as to things they would have done differently would be a great help as well.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Tony,

I glad somebody understands, it sure boggles my mind, LOL
Old 01-31-2014, 05:53 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a pickup half wrapped I'll try and post a picture in this thread if I get a chance. It was expensive, it gets lots of attention, holds up very well seems to protect the paint from all the minor scratches. Totally worth I'll do it again on my next pickup as well.
There probably is a picture of it somewhere on the site.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-31-2014, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLScaper View Post
I have a pickup half wrapped I'll try and post a picture in this thread if I get a chance. It was expensive, it gets lots of attention, holds up very well seems to protect the paint from all the minor scratches. Totally worth I'll do it again on my next pickup as well.
There probably is a picture of it somewhere on the site.
Posted via Mobile Device
appreciate the feedback! We are going to do a partial wrap on three trucks and two enclosed trailers shortly, and this is what I was hoping to hear.