Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-06-2014, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Member

It is currently listed on their website as an attachment (you may have to download the brochure), I believe the part number is 5901141 although when searching for a manual or user guide nothing comes up. It looks like it would be a pretty nice unit to make quick work of snow removal...
Old 02-07-2014, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryman View Post
COLLINSVILLE, a couple more questions, if I may, is the snowblower attachment hydraulically operated or does it use the mower deck belt? (is that a hydraulic reservoir that I see on the snow blower attachment in front of the gasoline tank?) Regarding the mechanical attachment to the power unit frame, does the 'red-painted' portion have weld nuts to which the 'black-painted' portion gets attached with bolts? If not, how does one access the nuts behind the red panel to complete the installation? Lastly how is the traction when snowblowing? I know what the traction is like on a slippery surface with my Toro Grandstand (twin hydraulic motors, 20x10-8 turf tires), the wheels spin very easily (spring conditions, soft (rain-soaked) lawn with the slightest gravitational disadvantage) I would not attempt to use a snow blade to push snow (that seems to be asking too much)...since the snowblower does the work, is there enough traction to get the auger to the snow constantly ? Thank you for your time.
It's belt drive from the blade pto. The blower mounts to a hitch, so you mount the hitch first.I
would either use chains or change the tires to snow hog tires.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Member

Thumbs up

Thanks again for the helpful information, COLLINSVILLE.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It would be interesting to see how the ferris and the snow blower perform. I for one cannot find a single shred of evidence on how they perform anywhere on the internet. Nor is there any video evidence of said performance. I'd be extremely weary of that setup. You want a real machine with a variety of attachments and proven performance? Check these out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIa5yq9TmnY