Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-06-2015, 09:24 AM
LawnSite Member

Software-switching from Qxpress to a Quickbooks integrated platform

As has been discussed, Qxpress is building a new platform. They will no longer support, at some point, the old Qxpress. They have not been improving it for years. The last year, I have been very unimpressed with Marathon Data's (the owner) general support and help. Long story...
As we look at software, I would like to get another round of feeback. For reference, we do a bit over 1mil in sales. We are total maintenance-mostly residential, with about 1500 clients. 3 (2 man) mowing crews, 2 maintenance crews, an apps crew, and an irrigation tech. We do very little sales, and are not interested in heavy selling. Our big focus is customer service.
Software options we are looking at:
Real Green. My big question with them would be the cost and focus on apps and heavy marketing. Is it worth it if we are not using the marketing end?
Service Autopilot. Will be be guinea pigs for a new, small company that might do the same thing Qxpress did-sell out, die on the vine?
Marathon Data's new software. I have a high level of mistrust for Marathon right now, and am not real serious about considering them.

There was an old post on this, but thought I would shake the bushes again. Especially if anyone has switched from QX and had their data transferred.
Thanks,
Philip Germann
Old 06-06-2015, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by germann View Post
As has been discussed, Qxpress is building a new platform. They will no longer support, at some point, the old Qxpress. They have not been improving it for years. The last year, I have been very unimpressed with Marathon Data's (the owner) general support and help. Long story...
As we look at software, I would like to get another round of feeback. For reference, we do a bit over 1mil in sales. We are total maintenance-mostly residential, with about 1500 clients. 3 (2 man) mowing crews, 2 maintenance crews, an apps crew, and an irrigation tech. We do very little sales, and are not interested in heavy selling. Our big focus is customer service.
Software options we are looking at:
Real Green. My big question with them would be the cost and focus on apps and heavy marketing. Is it worth it if we are not using the marketing end?
Service Autopilot. Will be be guinea pigs for a new, small company that might do the same thing Qxpress did-sell out, die on the vine?
Marathon Data's new software. I have a high level of mistrust for Marathon right now, and am not real serious about considering them.

There was an old post on this, but thought I would shake the bushes again. Especially if anyone has switched from QX and had their data transferred.
Thanks,
Philip Germann
QX used to be called lawn monkey or something like that.
Became Qx… no data didn't transfer (at least not right)
Try CLIP ITC.

IF you are looking at mainly maintenance, this is the software for you.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't use qXpress but I did look at it a while back. We are looking for some good software to start using. I was only about 60% satisfied with service autopilot about 3-4 years ago when I looked at it. I'm considering three different software systems right now; Service Autopilot, CLIP, and Boss lm. I have a feeling Boss LM is going to be far too expensive for us, but it looks to be by far the most robust and thoroughly built software system. I'm not sure how much CLIP is but I'm going to look into it as well. And I'm going to look at service autopilot again.

Boss LM doesn't have any pricing, you basically call and talk about your needs and they give you a quote. I haven't called yet but requested info and a guy sent me an email with his number. If you haven't heard about them it's because they haven't really advertised much. I just heard about them a few days ago and I've been searching for good software for years. I want something that will last me a long time. I hate switching software systems.

http://www.bosslm.com/
Old 06-19-2015, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Member

I just jumped onto Service Autopilot after debating for a year and giving MHelpDesk a 1-day trial. Everything imported beautifully from Quickbooks. After less than a week with it I can say I am thoroughly impressed. There are little things I've found so far that I would like to see (ability to receive email in the program) but as far as scheduling and CRM it seems to be impressive. I have a long ways to go in learning the ins and outs but can already see how much it will help me. We run 2, two-man mowing crews and 1 landscape maintenance crew, plus snow, and service about 150 clients right now. I would take a serious look at it, they have a ton of videos of the software you can check out on youtube and if you sign up for the "demo"
1993 F-350 XL 4x4 Dually
2013 Ferris IS2000 52/28 Briggs
2013 Ferris IS2000 52/28 Briggs
2012 Ferris IS2000 52/25 Kawi
2011 Ferris IS2000 52/25 Kawi
PJ 18' Trailer
PJ 20' Trailer
Triton 12' Trailer
(2) Stihl FS-110R w/ Edger Head
(5) Stihl FS-100RX
(3) Stihl BR-600 Blowers
(2) Stihl KM-110