Advanced Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-02-2016, 02:41 AM
LawnSite Member

How to address customers on envelope labels?

Hi everyone this is my first post but im always on here reading and learning from all of you so i thank you all for that.

My Question is this is my 2nd year doing my business and i have 101 customers from all of 2015 and some were 1 timer's and some were misc landscaping/small tree services. My question is how do i address them on the envelope label? I know i didnt get a chance to get all there names,ect. I know i will put my return address and there full address but what could i put above there addresses if i dont know there name that will look and sound somewhat professional? any guidance or help would be very appreciated...thanks
Old 02-02-2016, 07:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

use you local government site to get the names.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowmanslawncare1 View Post
Hi everyone this is my first post but im always on here reading and learning from all of you so i thank you all for that.

My Question is this is my 2nd year doing my business and i have 101 customers from all of 2015 and some were 1 timer's and some were misc landscaping/small tree services. My question is how do i address them on the envelope label? I know i didnt get a chance to get all there names,ect. I know i will put my return address and there full address but what could i put above there addresses if i dont know there name that will look and sound somewhat professional? any guidance or help would be very appreciated...thanks
That statement is a little confusing to me. How are they clients if you don't have even their most basic information like a name?
Old 02-02-2016, 08:21 AM
LawnSite Member

i had a few 1 time aeration's customers this fall and they would call or text and i would schedule it and they may of left cash.... or i had a few ''neighbors'' to current customers that wanted a one time mow while i was next door and sometimes im not able to get full information (unless they wrote a check) ....I would like to thank them for using my services, even if it was one time and i havent forget about them incase they would like to use me for full time or more projects this year. I just wasent sure if there was a descent but professional way i could address them on the envelope not knowing a name....
Old 02-02-2016, 08:58 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

First I would never do business with anyone without knowing there name.

I assume you don't have an accounting program? Most would allow you to print labels.

All you can do is hand write them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-02-2016, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Around here, all the counties have a website with real estate information. Google the name of the county and GIS, or name of the county and REAL ESTATE LOOKUP. find a place to enter the address, click enter. It will tell you who owns the property, when it last sold, how much it sold for. How much the property tax is and if it was paid. It will also provide a map of the property and much more.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Member

ok that should help thanks ^^^^
Old 02-02-2016, 10:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

If I didn't have someone to keep track of it (and me) for me, that would happen to me every day so don't feel bad.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:00 AM
LawnSite Member

I know and i learned from it and will be getting full names and emails as well this year so was a good lesson learned...thanks
Old 02-02-2016, 11:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowmanslawncare1 View Post

I have the same problem sometimes, I am get better at getting full names and everything. If I need to look up their name, I'll go to the tax utility look up for the city or township and usually their name will show up if you search their address. The only issue I have run into with this is if the home is in a trust or corporation, etc...

As for printing address labels, you can do mail merge in Microsoft word. It takes a little bit of time to type in all the names but it saves a ton of time on the back end when you print them monthly.
(2) Husky Backpack Blower BT150
Husky Backpack Blower BT570
Stihl Handhelds
and American Muscle

www.Platinumlandscapemanagement.com