Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-19-2015, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Marketing Ideas

What marketing have you done that you have seen the best return on investment from?

-Pricing, pictures, offers?
Old 02-19-2015, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creag View Post
What marketing have you done that you have seen the best return on investment from?

Try the researching box on this forum, ton of threads on this matter to read up on.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creag View Post

Creag, where are you from in Central Texas? To answer your question, around here any form of marketing shows returns as long as your consistent with it. It's easy to draw up some marketing, the hard part is putting it to work. We've had great success with flyers. But as mentioned, getting them designed and printed is the easy part with a week or two of time, the hard part is getting 10,000, 15,000, or 20,000 of them out there on feet. Best marketing of all is word of mouth. Why? From word of mouth I pick up neighbors, upon neighbors, upon neighbors. Flyers have been great to us being that we can target certain areas. We've tried truck logo's and took them off. Being such a big area around Austin, you tend to get calls from one side of town, then somewhere else, and it was more of a hassle than targeted advertising. It's easy to pick up work around here. So many guys running around putting up sloppy non-thought out business cards on every door. The minute you put a well designed flyer on the door next to the sloppy business cards, you get a call before you make it to the house.

For all your Mower Parts, Support a Small Family Man Business. Google ZERO TURN MAN.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Member

my best marketing was my uniforms. I got the safety yellow t-shirts with some screen printing on them. they are easily seen from a distance. I had people tell me they saw me first then looked for the lettered truck for the phone number. t-shirts cost me $10 a piece from another local business. truck lettering was $175. I got a couple bigger jobs from people seeing that.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Member

I just wanted to see if people saw a difference in effectiveness of flyers, compared to direct mail, or brochures? PPL, I'm from the greater waco area.