Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-13-2014, 01:48 PM
Sponsor

Sorry TriCity, not sure how I missed that question.

So for mobile, we hired a new full time developer in February to focus solely on mobile. He is working on it full time, starting with some improvements to the mobile site in preparation for the native apps for both Android and iOS. There has been some talk of moving a second developer to dedicate a few weeks to work on native apps as well to help out.

The problem is that many others things get in the way. It could be a server upgrade, small bug fixes or even personal reasons that cause developers to always be changing what they are working on. Its sorta like putting out whatever is the biggest fire that day. Thats why we now have a developer only working on native apps, and he is never bothered by anything else.

-Landen

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Email: info@getjobber.com
Web: www.getjobber.com
Toll Free: 1-888-721-1115
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 03-13-2014, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobber View Post
Thats why we now have a developer only working on native apps, and he is never bothered by anything else.
Aside from being worked on, is there any idea when a mobile app might be available?
Old 03-13-2014, 02:43 PM
Sponsor

I will get in trouble if I say a firm date and we miss it, since then everyone will be mad at us. Development time is never easy to estimate, things always go longer then you expect.

All of here are hoping to be testing them in the next few months and we would love it just as much as you guys if we were able to release them before the end of summer.

-Landen

Old 03-14-2014, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

One thing that I would like to see is to integrate payroll into Jobber. Right now that the only thing i have found that i can not accomplish with Jobber. But everything else has helped and i would have a lot more stress if i did not use Jobber.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The only reason I have QuickBooks anymore is because I use their checks for business.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-17-2014, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Jobber: I am a customer and like the program. I have noticed one of your competitors offers a one-time payment option instead of monthly. (They also have monthly options.) What are your thoughts on doing something like that with jobber? Obviously it would leave money on the table for you guys, but it is definitely something I personally would take into account when choosing who I went with.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:07 PM
Sponsor

GQLL: We do have a timer and timesheets add-on in Jobber. For a complete Payroll solution, I don't think that is on our roadmap right now. It is quite a huge undertaking and we already sync with Quickbooks and have other integrations in our sights for the future. We want to focus on what we are good at and make sure to make what we have as good as possible first.

GrassChoppers: (I love that name) We do not offer a complete one time payment option since we don't license the software out like others may do.

We do offer people to pay for a year upfront and there are discounts available if you choose that option. Anyone can call us and talk with one of us and we can help you to get the discount.

-Landen

Old 03-19-2014, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Member

How about an integrated pricing calculator for us lawn guys? These would be for services based off of lawn area such as fert, weed control grub aps etc. There would be settings for price per 1000sf for each service. As services are entered in for a customer quote it would generate a price based on the area of the customers property.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Member

I don't know if this is already available, and I've just failed to find it... But, is there a way to be reminded of an appointment through Jobber?

Example; I have a meeting Friday afternoon. I will forget about this meeting. It's time and place has been added into jobber as a "job". Is there a way to set a reminder so that I receive and email or text an hour before hand to make sure I don't aerate right through that time?
Old 03-19-2014, 05:52 PM
Sponsor

@Landgreen: That is something we have heard about a few times from people. I was thinking about doing something like that and just giving it away for free. Have it on the website in a tools and resources section and then possibly integrate it directly into the app. If there is interest in something like that, I will talk about it and see what I can do.

@RSMUTAH: Most people get their reminders by having the schedule sync with whatever calendar they use. I know a lot of people push their Jobber Calendar to their Google Calendar, and then you have have Google send you emails or push notifications to your phone. We don't have those kinds of notifications built right into Jobber yet, but Google Calendar will take care of that for you.

-Landen