Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-19-2014, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Does the calendar update in real time as I complete and close certain jobs?

So, I have 10 jobs today, I complete 3, check them off as I go.. Will the calendar automatically update and remove those 3 jobs from todays "to do list"?
Old 03-19-2014, 07:29 PM
Sponsor

The Calendar sync with Google Calendar is only 1 way and is not in real time. We cannot control when Google does the sync, but I believe it is often enough so that you don't notice that it is not immediate. And Google Calendar does not push to Jobber Calendar, so if you make a change in Google Calendar it will not be reflected in your Jobber Calendar.

-Landen

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 04-23-2014, 08:33 AM
LawnSite Member

So just getting into the season and really liking jobber. The scheduling is a huge time saver. It's so much easier planning out routes for cleanups and fertilizer. And invoicing quick. So far I'm a very satisfied customer.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:46 PM
Sponsor

Thats awesome and what we like to hear! Glad your scheduling and invoicing has been easier and quicker.

-Landen
Old 04-23-2014, 01:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

wrong post sorry
Old 04-29-2014, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Scheduling

I am wondering if there is anything being done about the general complaints on scheduling. If a job isn't completed on its scheduled day why is the next service date not moved accordingly when the job is finally complete. That is a very important aspect that I feel Jobber has neglected. Weather is always an issue. It
Old 04-30-2014, 11:38 AM
Sponsor

We do have the move visits button for weather and any other things that comes up and need you to move jobs that are scheduled to the next day/week.

Is that what you mean or is there something more we could be doing to make scheduling easier?

-Landen

Old 04-30-2014, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

schedule

yes there is an option for moving a visit. Problem is that when a client is originally set up for reoccurring job the visits for the set time are all generated. These visits are not changed once an appointment is missed and moved. It keeps the original next date the same as it was in the original set up. For example on a weekly reoccurring job. If im 3 days late getting there the next appointment is still set for 4 days from completed day. It should be changed according to the completion date.
This creates a scheduling nightmare and is very integral part of a lawn care business.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Member

another issue

Ok here is another one for you. I just attempted to do my end of the month invoices. Why would the completed jobs for the month not be transferred when I create an invoice for a reoccurring job. I have to input the dates of service myself. This is all really time consuming and makes me question how this program is catered toward landscaping. Please advise because I am on the verge of cancellation.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:34 AM
Sponsor

For scheduling visits on a recurring job lets use a weekly visit as an example. Every wednesday you go to do work, and most people when they miss a week just end up going there the next wednesday.

If you wanted to move just that visit, there are a bunch of ways you could just move that 1 visit to another day. Either by the calendar, dragging it to another day or clicking on the visit and editing the day.

If you want to change the recurring schedule entirely, then you would edit the job and from then on make your visits happen on every friday instead of wednesday or whatever. There are more advanced options if you need to really customize it.

For the invoicing, it sounds like you might have that job set to fixed based billing. You can edit the job to be visit based billing, so at the end of the month, you can create the invoice and select all the visits that you want to invoice for.

If you are interested someone here can do a 1 on 1 screen share with you to walk you through all of this so it will be easier for you to use for your specific way of doing things.

-Landen