Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-12-2014, 10:44 AM
Sponsor

One way we see a lot of people setup their visit title templates for the calendar is to have the Company Name and Street Address 1 to show the property address.

I just set it up on our test account and had 2 jobs for the same client but with different properties listed on the same day. On the calendar I was able to see the difference without clicking and seeing what one was at what property.

Let me know if that works for you guys. There could be more we do for that based on your feedback though.

-Landen

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 05-12-2014, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobber View Post
You can edit the PDF template with the designer to include the total account balance.

I did just talk to the developers and we understand what you are saying. We are thinking about the idea where when you send the email billing, it can either give them to option to pay the current invoice, or the account total.

We will be having a meeting about product updates today and I will put this forward. Thank you for mentioning it again.

-Landen
Ay results from the meeting on this?
Old 05-12-2014, 11:02 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffTurfLawnCare View Post
Ay results from the meeting on this?
It did get talked about as well as deposits for e-payments. I don't know the exact timeline for everything on the product roadmap, but it is on there and we do want to make that improvement.

-Landen

Old 05-13-2014, 07:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobber View Post
One way we see a lot of people setup their visit title templates for the calendar is to have the Company Name and Street Address 1 to show the property address.

I just set it up on our test account and had 2 jobs for the same client but with different properties listed on the same day. On the calendar I was able to see the difference without clicking and seeing what one was at what property.

Let me know if that works for you guys. There could be more we do for that based on your feedback though.

-Landen
I just looked at one of our accounts that has multiple locations and it is set up that way however does not display on the calendar. Should I put a service ticket in or do you want to look into it?
Old 05-13-2014, 08:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I had numerous problems when trying to do invoices last month. I tried setting up my mowing customers using the calendar with a start date around the time I started mowing for the season, then recurring weekly for 8 months. (this is a LONG process). I then checked off the weeks I was there (didn't mow every week because they don't need it weekly in the early spring, yet I have no way to cancel those non-completed jobs). Some invoices "auto-generated", most did not. I went through the same steps with all of them filling them in on the calendar and checking the dates I was there. I couldn't care less if the date is exactly the day I was there. A tuesday lawn is always a tuesday lawn, even if we are rained out and can't mow it until wednesday.

What I don't understand, on the few that actually filled in the mowing dates automatically, is why it lists each one as a separate line on the invoice? I should says LINES, because 4 mowings and a fertilizing makes the invoice 2 pages! There's a quantity column right there!? Why doesn't it just put the dates of service in the description column and have the quantity reflect the number of mowings there was that month??

Customers with multiple properties I had a problem with as well. I made sure to set the billing address, then each property. No matter how I tried I could not get it to put all 3 properties on one invoice. Another, I even double checked to be sure that it had the proper BILLING address, which is different from the service address. Didn't notice when I printed it out that it printed the service address on the invoice until I received it "return to sender" from the post office.

In order to complete my invoices I had to just use Jobber manually. I had to make a "cheat sheet" with all my customers and prices on it, then had to search for each customer and manually fill in each invoice. Why on earth am I forced to click "mark as sent" after clicking "generate invoice" in order for the program to put a DATE on the invoice, I'll never know.

I would have cancelled my subscription to Jobber, but I'm somewhat committed. I bought a large quantity (for me) of perforated paper and return envelopes for use with this program, plus I have a lot of precious hours in entering in all of my customer information. Even though Jobber won't save things like mowing prices and fertilizing prices for each individual customer without a half hour long ordeal for each one.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:26 AM
Sponsor

Hey Jason. I have been replicating your workflow on my own account the last 45 minutes trying every possible way of setting up your schedule.

The one thing I would say to make sure is that each job you have setup is set to visit based billing. That way the invoices will be auto-generated.

Currently Jobber does list each each visit as a new line item. A way of consolidating line items that are the same is an interesting thought and I will pass that along.

Multiple properties will show up on an invoice if it is set to visit based billing in the job settings. So again, making sure all those jobs are set to visit based billing should clear up most things. Same with having to invoice manually, that could be the ones that were set to fixed price billing.

Generating the invoice is just for creating it, and does not mean you sent it. When you email it it will mark it as sent, but not when printing it. That could be something we change, to have it mark as sent when it is printing, but some people may not be sending them the same day as they print them.

Jobber will remember prices for jobs and customers after the first time you put them in. You can also add them as a product and service that can be always remember globally.

I can still help if none of that clears things up. It might be best just to spend 10 minutes with Dave here who can show you how to get it running well with your workflow.

-Landen

Old 05-13-2014, 11:27 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potomac Lawns Inc. View Post
I just looked at one of our accounts that has multiple locations and it is set up that way however does not display on the calendar. Should I put a service ticket in or do you want to look into it?
Up to you, I can take a look at it, or your account manager can, or Justine can too. Just send us an email and one of us can double check that for you.

Here is what our visit title template looks like to show the address on the calendar.

-Landen
Attached Images

Last edited by Jobber; 05-13-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks I emailed Justine this morning. I would also agree when you print an invoice have it put the date on it and mark as sent. There are a few steps in printing an invoice that you should not have to do. Printing 1 invoice not so bad just an extra click or 2 but more then 1 inv its a pain. I think with a few tweaks you guys will have it down. Thanks for listening to our comments
Old 05-14-2014, 11:21 AM
Sponsor

Awesome, Justine can help you get that sorted out if she has not already.

That might be something we could make a setting, just in case not everyone want is to automatically mark it as sent when it is just printed. We go over small things like this every Wednesday and then it gets put it our queue.

Ive got a few suggestions from here and other forums that I will add to the list so thanks!

-Landen

Old 05-14-2014, 01:39 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landgreen View Post
The move visits action moves visits for all team members on that day. It doesnt help much when there are differet crews doing different jobs. There should be a select team member option when moving an entire days visits.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hey @Landgreen, so we pushed an update that lets you now choose which team members are effected by the move visits action.

You just have to click advanced actions when you go to move visits and you can change it from there. Let me know if that helps you and if you have any further feedback on that. Thanks!

-Landen